CHAPTER 94

FYI—Derek is about 42-43 (grumbling about my own stupid screwed up timeline), and Mer is 4 years younger. Just pointing out that they're not significantly older than they are on TV—less than 5 years. Wanted to avoid the bad images you youngsters might have had if you thought somehow that they were much older!!!

Meredith looked up at him with an intensity that rocked him even more. "Love me....."

"Forever," he whispered huskily.

"Kiss me........," she said, eyeing his lips methodically.

Baby I've been drifting away
Dreaming all day
Of holding you
Touching you
The only thing I want to do
Is be with you
As close to you
As I can be

No longer having a reason to hold back, they kissed more deeply and more intensely than they thought possible. Just when they were both near drowning from the electricity between them, Derek's heart soared as Meredith yanked off his jacket and removed his tie, adeptly unbuttoning his shirt and frantically running her hands all over his warm, firm chest. She was lighting little fires everywhere her skin touched his.

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I want to feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes up
Let's make love
Oh, baby

They were both trembling with desire and emotion but they each channeled that energy into caresses and kisses and moan-inducing touches. They stumbled back against the wall, and he covered her body with his completely. As his mouth ravished her neck and shoulders, her roaming hands made quick work of his belt and slacks, eager to free his body from them. Pulling back to grin at her, he smiled, "I appear to be losing the clothing battle." He stood there clad only in his boxers and socks while Meredith was still fully clothed. She reached up and pulled his lips to hers again, nipping wickedly at his lower lip and kissing him deeply. She spun them around and this time pushed him up against the wall and using her body to hold him hostage there.

Do you know what you do to me
Everything inside of me
Is wanting you
And needing you
I'm so in love with you
Look in my eyes
Let's get lost tonight
In each other

This time she was the one to pull back, and they both felt the painful sting of their bodies being wrenched apart. Staring at him with a lust-filled expression, she reached behind her and unfastened her dress, allowing it to fall in a puddle on the floor at her feet. "I won the battle, but you won the war," she said, her voice laden with longing. "I surrender," He smirked at her words, thinking she was finished. "I surrender......and I'll want and love only you...........forever. Make love to me now, Derek.......I want you more than ever....." Had he not wanted her so intensely, he'd have been floored by her words and unable to move. But now he simply could not wait any longer, so he walked quickly to her, enfolding her in this arms, devouring her lips and hastily scooping her up and carrying her over to the bed.

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I want to feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes up
Let's make love

Despite their overwhelming need for each other, they took their time, reacquainting themselves with every single part of each other's bodies, planting slow or probing or spine tingling kisses along every remaining inch of skin they slowly freed from their few remaining bits of clothing. Strangely—or perhaps not so strangely, they both remembered all of those special secret little things about each other that sent each other reeling, and they employed them effortlessly and well, erasing the years when they weren't perfecting the way to peak their pleasure. It didn't really seem as if so many years had passed. Their bodies were humming the song sung only for each other. They found the passion between them burned as brightly as it had so many years before. Lavishing intense attention and not so subtle caresses in all the right places, they took each other to heights they had only imagined. And the intensity of their longing for one another had them holding and groping and panting and moaning until they found their bodies joined in blissful, steamy, and unequaled union. Gasping for air and completely losing themselves in each other, they murmured words of love and longing and then......in perfect harmony, screamed out each other's names in surrender to the raging heat between them, finally laying claim to each other's bodies, hearts, minds, and souls.

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I want to feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes up
Oh, until the sun comes up
Let's make love

After making love so perfectly, they lay in each other's arms. Neither of them ever wanted to get up or move away from the other again.

Oh baby, let's make love
All night long
All night long
Let's make love