Chapter 82 : The Return

,, Gillyweed?" read Barty out loud as he squinted at the weird, slimy, grey-greenish color possessing plant in the jar in front of him, Lupin who was sitting on the opposite side of the table with Bandages covering his skin, giving a light hum in recognition, his nose still buried in the Herbology book in his hold.

The unlikely pair had been introduced to each other a while ago, when Eliza had one afternoon come into their usual spot at the library dragging a Bandaged, tired yet somehow flustered Remus Lupin behind her.

Most of their group, which consisted of Slytherins and Ravenclaws who were obviously aligned to the darker spectrum of Magic were more than a little hesitant and put off by the Gryffindor's sudden intrusion, but none said anything because it was Eliza who had brought him with her......

That and the male had obviously been crying the entire night and early morning, his usually handsome features blotchy and his eyes puffy and red......

While others may consider them ruthless and dangerous, they still had hearts and consciousness, so they let him into their circle, shooting anyone who dared to question them or him a murderous look that would be enough to make them run straight in the opposite direction.

He was quiet most of the time and kept to himself whenever Eliza wasn't around, but he did sometimes join them for their game nights and offered help to whoever needed it in certain subjects, trying to show he appreciated their welcoming nature to him, even if it was only for Eliza's sake.

While one of those sittings, Barty had approached the Gryffindor with a faux request for help in hopes of trying to figure out what the white-haired woman saw in him....

There, the Ravenclaw unexpectedly found them to be a lot more similar than he had originally anticipated...

So, he decided to continue asking Remus Lupin to help him, this time, hoping to understand him better to build an acquaintanceship that could perhaps grow into a friendship....

He was too proud to admit that Eliza had persisted in trying to befriend them, and he had finally gotten curious after all of her talks about the male...

,, It is usually used for potion-making, but there is something very special about it." said Remus, hiding a smile as he saw the frustration build up in the Ravenclaw in front of him.

The Werewolf always enjoyed the look of utter irritation Barty wore whenever he didn't know something, and unfortunately for the Crouch Heir Herbology was not his strongest of subjects, but one Remus excelled in thanks to Eliza.

Barty stared at the plant before him for a solid five minutes, trying to figure out what in the world could be so special about a plant that resembled a rats-tail more than an actual piece of flora.....

,, Does it make you invisible?"

,, No."

,, Make hiccups stop?"

,, Nope."

,, Cure the pox?"

Remus couldn't hide his amused smile any longer and replied. ,, No." shaking his head, Barty theatrically dropped his head against the table with a loud groan out of the depths of his soul.

,, Then what the hell does it do?!" he asked, his voice muffled by the table.

Chuckling the Werewolf closed his book, placed it aside, and leaned forward with a grin on his face. ,, All right, all right, I'll tell you.." he said, crumpling his sleeves up, at which several scars were made visible.