Chapter 97 : The Ministry of Magic

Harry didn't know what was worse as he was woken up the morning of his trial, the fact that it was done abruptly at half-past five... or that it was by the hands of Draco fucking Malfoy out of all people......

,, ...... Please tell me I'm still dreaming and this is a nightmare." said the Gryffindor as he stared up at the familiar grey eyes and bleach blond hair of the nicely dressed Slytherin in front of him.

He really prayed that this was a nightmare because if this was reality he'd rather be strangled to death.

Draco, who was glaring down at the teen as if he was worth less than the dirt beneath his expensive leather shoes only replied. ,, Believe me, Potter, the feeling is mutual. Now stand up and get the bloody hell dressed, we don't have all day."

Groaning the teen rolled onto his back, and slowly got to his feet with a yawn rolling past his lips as he put on his glasses. ,, What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be at home following father-dearest as he tries sucking up to Voldemort?"

The Slytherin gritted his teeth, ignoring the obvious jab at himself as he answered. ,, Not that it should matter to you since you should be thankful that you're not expelled already, but I was asked to come here by my cousin, to aid in preparing your pathetic self for the trial so you don't embarrass yourself or others while trying to defend your stance."

Celestia had called him herself, requesting that he helped the Gryffindor since she couldn't and would only arrive shortly before the hearing. Regulus would be with him, which meant they hopefully wouldn't try to kill each other in the short time that they had to interact with one another, but it was still a risk made out of desperation.

Regulus couldn't explain everything on his own, most of his experience laying with the laws of the French Ministry, which still upheld the Olde Ways unlike the British ones, so they needed someone there who could assist and fill in the blanks, and since Hunter was with Celestia, Susan could not leave her aunt's Manor without suspicion, and the other members of their group were currently not in England, it fell to Draco to do the job.

And though he might have complained about it, there was no way Draco could deny Celestia anything when she asked him specifically....

He cared too much about her to do that.

,, Defend my stance?" repeated Harry as he grabbed the T-shirt and pair of jeans Mrs. Weasley had undoubtedly put out for him.

,, Yes? What else in Salazar's name would you be doing?" asked Draco inridiculously, taking his Wand and pointing it at the clothes in the teen's hold. ,, And don't tell me you're actually planning on wearing that."

Even the most ludicrous of Wizards knew that appearance was the most important thing when trying to present yourself to others.

The first thing people will determine your worth, credibility, and intellect by, is how you dress and present yourself. It doesn't matter if you're the most intelligent individual on this planet or have the purest of hearts, you will be categorized by those around you into boxes depending on who they think you are, even if their impression of you couldn't be further from the truth.

,, Because of all those articles in the Daily Prophet about you, the Wizengamot members will already have developed an idea of who is going to walk into the hearing in a few hours, and unfortunately for you, it is not a good one." explained Draco, letting the clothes float back to where they were folded the first time, before turning to the closet. ,, Please tell me that you have at least some sensible pieces of clothing in that thing."

Blinking Harry stared at the Slytherin in bafflement and asked. ,, What do you mean by they already have an idea of who I am?" he watched as Draco simply began walking to the closet, opening it without a care in the world as he looked through it. ,, And would you please stop going through my stuff?!"