Party Crasher: Part 1

"Here, my great, great grandpa's wearing the broach but before him, no one else is wearing it so it must've started with him and ended with my grandma when the sentimonster attacked," I mumble to myself as I stare down at the family photo album and of my great great grandpa when he was younger wearing a peacock broach. I had been looking more into the peacock miraculous since the whole sentimonster incident and have been trying to learn more in hopes we could find a way to track the miraculous and even dived into my family's past to see if they detailed a way to find it, so far nothing. Otherwise, there were a few pieces in the Louvre that showed the symbol of the guardians that had something to do with peacocks plus one painting of the polar bear.

I write down a few things in my notes filled with details of what I've learned of the miraculous so far while waiting for Master Fu. He had told me there wasn't much more I could help with when it came to deciphering the grimoire so he was working on finding the incantation to prevent akumatization. I was also trying to convince him to at least contact the guardians and explain the situation because then maybe they could help or again have a way to track the miraculous otherwise I might have to switch my research from hunting the miraculous to trying to figure out Hawkmoth's identity and hope Mayura is still with him since it's been a while since we saw an amok.

But the only lead we had on him had been Gabriel Agreste since he mainly fit the bill and his logo is butterflies but he was ruled out after being akumatized and no one else fits the bill for Hawkmoth making it hard to even pinpoint a suspect. I lean back in my chair and sigh before checking on my latest cover and smiling at the comments that exclaimed they were happy I uploaded and how it had been a while.

"How's the research coming along?" Marinette asks suddenly, startling me. "Gah! Marinette! You startled me!" I shout, jumping out of my chair and she apologizes. "It's going about as well as you'd expect slow and little to no progress, I can't even convince Master Fu to reach out to the guardians." "Sounds like you could use a break, come on we told Mylène we'd help her plant trees by the river," Mari says grabbing my purse/bag and dragging me out and we head down to the river.

Placing a tree in its spot I take in a few deep breaths since the trees were heavy and I ask, "Where are the guys? Didn't they agree to help?" I'm given an answer from the girls as they give me bad excuse after bad excuse for why the boys weren't showing up. Nino had to DJ his grandma's birthday party, Ivan had a toothache, Nathaniel's computer crashed putting his and Marc's comic at risk so Max and Markov were helping, and Kim had a mandatory swim lesson. "Did Luka say he was on his way at least?" Marinette asks and just as I pulled out my phone I received a text from Luka that read: I'm sorry I can't help plant trees today, something came up and I can't say what.

"He's also not coming, something came up," I say, Mari and I exchange silent looks, something was up. "Speaking of excuses I forgot that (y/n) and I promised to help my grandpa bake a cake for one of his mouse's birthdays today, sorry Mylène, catch you later girls!" Mari lies soon dragging me off with her yet again.