19. Talking Adrenaline

Your inference about you increasing your physical strength was mostly correct. Aizawa had you fight Katsuki, even when he was predictable to you. When Aizawa saw that it was useless to make you fight him, he forced you to meditate so you'd attempt to activate your quirk without killing yourself.

You sat at the top of a mountain, allowing the sun to hit your face as you closed your eyes. He said to, "look within and grasp that part of your quirk that beats." No idea what that meant but that's what you were trying to do now.

Nothing really happened besides you falling asleep. Nothing besides an extremely weird dream.

It was like you were floating on a cloud, looking down at the earth. Like you were watching time move. Like you were the universe itself.

You watched as the earth became brown and dusty as the sun grew bigger before engulfing it. Then as time went on, the stars burnt out. And eventually, black holes. It was darkness. Nothingness.

And then the universe collapsed on itself, coming back to the middle like a powerful shockwave. Then it exploded, the rebirth of new suns and planets. However, everything was exactly the same.

The same earth. The same people. The same history.

Except there was no you.

Like you weren't there with them. As if you couldn't come down from whatever was keeping you in space. Restrained to this boundless space.

A future in where the girl with the golden heart turns black, and with it she creates and destroys universes in the palm of her hand. A higher being that no one can control, no one knows, and that no one can satisfy. A golden heart like a dying sun eventually becomes cold.

"If you don't wake up I'm going to throw you off the cliff."

You were startled awake by the sound of Aizawa's voice. He restrained you with his scarf before dragging you back down to cook. You were decent at cooking but you weren't the greatest in the class.

After getting dumped near your classmates, you picked yourself up to help. The sound of chattering and clanking made its way to your ears like ambience. You looked around before finding a knife.

You found Katsuki chopping away at potatoes, carrots, and onions.

"Need help?" You asked as you grabbed a carrot, chopping a bit slower than he was but still pretty fast to your classmate's eyes.

"Fuck no. Go teach four-eyes how to fucking peel potatoes before I go over and kill him."

"Alright. Here's an extra knife if you'd like."

He grunted in response, not looking up from his knife as he conversed with you. Setting the knife down, you made you way over to Tenya, who was overpeeling the potatoes.

"Iida, that's not how you peel potatoes." You grabbed the peeler from his hands, "move it back and forth, not just one way."

You expertly moved it back and forth as you turned it in your hands. Tenya's eyes seemed to shine with admiration for such a simple task as he showered you with praise, "as expected from you!"

After he practiced, you left him to help with other people. You almost felt like the kitchen version of a jack-of-all trades. You found Rikido Sato stirring the pot, as he was the most experienced in the kitchen.

He allowed you to taste before following your advice on what to add. Really, you didn't have much to do besides help people with certain stuff. So you set the table and filled glasses with water so that everyone could stay hydrated after that intense training.