50. The Perfume

"How are you feeling today?" The therapist asked as she got her clipboard out.

"Meh."

"Anything new?"

"I mean...I reunited with my childhood friend. We started dating."

She nodded, scribbling on her clipboard. "What's his attitude like?"

"He's brash, hotheaded, stubborn, but those traits of his are what makes you so intrigued. He wants to help people in a way that he is seen as a strong pillar, undying and without fear."

"I see. Does he treat you well?"

"Yes. Well, before we made up, he was pushing me away. I thought that it was because he was hurting and I was right."

"Interesting. This childhood friend of yours, does he have spiky blonde hair and red eyes?"

"Yes, he does. How do you know?"

The therapist held her clipboard higher to hide her glowing golden eyes. "I saw him the other day. He seemed concerned but also angry at the same time."

"That's definitely him." You sighed as you slouched in the couch you were sat in. "Anyways, can I leave now? I'm kinda bored."

"Oh, are you?"

She got closer, crouching beside you. You sniffed. She smelled like perfume.

"That's some strong perfume." You coughed, turning your head away from her.

"Is it?"

"Yeah, it's kind of making my head hurt. What perfume is that?"

"Are you okay? You look a little faint. Do you have a fever?" She asked, pressing her cool hand against your forehead.

"Don't touch me. You're doing something to me and I don't like it." You turned your head away from her hand.

She tsked and stood, stepping away. "Well, you're free to leave. Come next week and please, bring something that is valuable to you."

"Valuable?" You regained your thoughts, coming back to your senses.

"As in, what you most hold dear." She sat back into her chair, scribbling in her clipboard. "It could be a person, a picture, an item. Anything."

"Okay. Is that it?" You stood, heading for the door.

"Wait."

You stopped, hand on the door handle. You weren't sure what happened. When you recalled back, you couldn't remember what happened after she said wait.

However, it made you wary of her. She didn't give out her name, she was mysterious, and she somehow knew things about you she shouldn't know.

It made you want to get away from her as fast as possible.