27. Betrayal

"Very well. Thank you for reporting back to me. I am glad they are safe." Ren smiled at the paper, writing all the information you gave her.

"Yeah, it's kinda my job."

"Of course. You'll be getting your paycheck today." She grabbed her checkbook, licking her finger. "How much would you like? Three hundred? Five hundred?"

"Two thousand. No, make it three thousand five hundred."

"You're bold, aren't you, sweet child? Alright, three thousand five hundred it is."

"I'm not bold. It's for emotional damages this job gives me."

She stopped writing, a flash of guilt appearing on her face. "Yes. The hero profession is not for the weak-hearted."

"I know."

She nodded, signing her name. "Thank you for your services. Hopefully things will get better."

"Not likely."

"Yes, you're right."

Now that All Might wasn't here, villains will grow in numbers. Perhaps you'd face them on or be on the same side.

"Ah, I wanted to show you something. It's related to you."

She pulled out a file from her cabinet. She set it in front of you. Your eyes widened with fear.

The man who attempted to...

"He was killed by All for One. We found his body laying in a ditch, unburied. From the looks of it, he was tortured before he died."

In a sick, twisted way, you were comforted by that fact.

"Our special top agents brought him back to life."

Was the only thing you heard before you started to shake. All for One killed him so you could live easy. Without fear.

"And we erased his memories. He will live as a normal citizen."

"The dead should remain dead." You glared at her. "Bringing someone back to life? That could easily get you in trouble."

"I figured you'd act this way. That's why we moved him to U.A.-"

"You fucking what?!" You slammed your hands on her desk, your voice rising. "Are you serious? You have to be joking. You have to be."

"I'm afraid not. We moved him to U.A. so that you could overcome your fear-"

"It's not a fucking fear! It's trauma!" You screamed at her, shaking and on the verge of collapse. "How could you?! How could you allow this to happen?!"

"I made it happen."

You stopped moving. Stopped shaking. Stopped it all.

You stared at her eerily with your (e/c) eyes. "Do you really not care about my well-being?"

Ren shook her head, "it's not that. If you're going to be working on the job-"

"I'm not a hero!! And I'm a child!! I should be with my friends! I should be hanging out and having fun!! Not kiss your fucking feet until they rot away!"

"Yeah? Well welcome to the real world, kid."

You collapsed in your chair. You hated her. You hated them.

Your eyes glared at hers. Her eyes glared back at hers.

He was right.

All for One was right.

Death was right.

Dad was right.

The hero society were villains.

You arrived back home, unable to find any energy to greet anyone. When Ochako greeted you, you ignored her. You wanted to get back to your room and cry.

She grabbed your arm, startling you. She got closer, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Uraraka-" you intervened, uncomfortable with touch at the moment.

"Oh come on! It's Ochako!"

"Please, don't touch me."

"Why? Feeling shy?"

You shook your head, gently pushing her arms off. "I need time alone, please."

She understood and backed away with a solemn glance. You made your way to the elevator, thankful you didn't burst at her. She was too pure to yell at.

You ignored anyone and everyone. You tuned them all out.

Your hand found the handle of your door before someone grabbed your hand. You turned to glare, only to soften your gaze. Izuku stood there, a concerned expression visible on his usually happy face.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Nothing. I want to be alone."

"Tell me! I can help you! We can talk it through! Okay? Rely on me."

"I told you, I need to be alone right now."

He held your hand tighter. He hated it when you pushed him away. "Please, let's talk it out. You've been upset lately, so I need to speak to you anyways."

"Izuku, I need space."

"Please, we haven't been able to talk for a while!" He opened the door for you.

"I told you, leave me alone!"

"No! I'm your brother, I have to take care of you!"

"I don't want to be taken care of!"

"Yeah? Well you're stuck with me!"

"Leave me alone!! Go fuck yourself! Go watch fucking All Might!! I want to be alone!!!"

Izuku's eyes softened. A glimpse of sadness was revealed, and you felt regret. He let go of your hand and stepped back.

"I understand. I'm sorry. I ignored your wishes."

He turned, hiding the tears that were already dripping down his chin. You grabbed his shirt and pulled him into your room.

"I'm sorry." You hugged his chest. "I'm just...I was betrayed. And I can't help myself. I feel like I'm gonna fall apart."

Izuku patted your back. "Then fall apart. I'll be there to catch you."

With a strong wail, you crumpled to the floor. He followed, hugging your trembling body. Whoever hurt you, he'd never forgive them.

Never would've guessed it was the heroes he would never forgive.