75. [tw]All Villains

TW MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

tw mentions of suicide

Katsuki emerged from the shadows as he made his way to the bench, sitting all the way on the opposite end.

"What do you mean?" She turned to face him while he faced the mirror.

"We hurt her the most. She cried and cried and shut herself in because she wanted to be left alone. What was the point in her being left alone? It isn't a question you should ask yourself. Why is she acting like this? Why can't she just come out? Why isn't she normal?"

Ochako could see where he was getting at. "However, it wasn't necessary to-"

"It was!" He bursted out, "she's lost everything. You weren't there when you saw that horrific scene. You weren't there during her highs and lows. You weren't there when her own mother neglected her and sold her off to reporters. You weren't there when she went through intense pain that her hair turned white. You weren't there when she said she wanted to die. You weren't there at all. You were her best friend. She wasn't to you."

Ochako felt sadness in her heart, heavy like rocks.

"She's seen dead bodies. She's heard her mother say she didn't want her. She's had to die multiple times for her quirk to activate. Lied to by the hero commissioner. Had to see her assaulter around even when he was supposed to be dead. And then she's betrayed by her friends. And then she has to kill the one person who was her true father. And what do you have to say about that? Some bullshit like she had no reason to act like that?"

"That's not what I meant! I just...I thought she would be fine. I didn't know all that. I thought that she might be been crazy, as everyone else did. She had always been so strong. I thought she might..."

Katsuki's anger increased tenfold. "Be able to handle that? YOU wouldn't be able to handle that! You would've committed suicide a long time ago!"

Tears sprung to her eyes as she shrunk into herself.

"I was with her ever since we were in diapers. She was always smiling as a child, it made me sick. And when we grew older, her smiles were becoming less and less. Her smiles ceased to exist when we were in highschool. And once she had learned how to smile again, she is betrayed. I fucking hate every single one of our classmates. I hate every single person who hurt her."

"Then you hate yourself!"

"Of course I fucking do! You'd hate yourself if you hurt damn Deku!"

She had no response.

"Worst part is, she cared a lot for you. She told me how you washed her carefully. She said she loved you so much. She told me how you gave her space when she needed it. She told me you were the perfect partner for Deku. And now, I can see why she wants to fix this goddamn society. People like us ruin it. We ruin lives like hers."

"Don't lump as all together. Some people here are-"

"No one tried helping her when she was bullied." Katsuki interjected. "Absolutely no one. Not you, not damn Deku, not me. Not those general course kids. Only one. Only one person has the right to say some people here are kind."

She didn't reply. She knew it too. She had been cruel. But it was a battle between ego and sorrow. Love against apathy.

"I regret not helping her. I regret distancing myself. I regret hurting her so many times. I regret letting her have to solve my problems. I regret all but loving her. But that's in the past. She wants us to move on. I'm not angry at you, even though I should. If we're all villains, we all have to become heroes for her." Katsuki muttered, loud enough for Ochako to hear.

Ochako wiped away her tears and nodded. "Yeah. And I'm sorry about...you know."

"I get it. Sometimes we don't want other people to be the center of attention because you yourself have suffered through much. But it's selfish and ego driven. I've felt it with damn Deku. Anyways, get the hell out of here. I don't wanna see your fucking face while I work out."

She smiled and stood. "You know, you're real' nice sometimes, Bakugo."

"No. (Y/n) helped me with this. Controlling my emotions and keeping them in check. I'm not being nice. I'm only speaking on her behalf."

Ochako nodded nonetheless and left Katsuki to punch his regrets out onto a punching bag.