26. Villain's Route

You had fallen asleep at some point because when you jolted awake, it was five in the afternoon. You were leaning against the wall, your neck aching and your muscles, sore. You were exhausted after you finished unpacking and had to take a nap afterwards.

Finding the motivation to find your brother's room, you used the wall as support to get up. A sudden knock at your door startled you.

"It's me, dumbass. Open the goddamn door."

You rushed to open it, grateful to have Katsuki's company. He stomped his way in when you allowed him inside. He laid on your bed, bundling up in your blanket. It was strange behavior, even more so because it was him.

"Heard from Deku your shitty mom was ignoring you."

You tensed up. Was he here for a pep-talk? He wasn't one for emotions.

"I've got no idea how to or what I can do to...ugh. I can't do this." He got up, rolling his eyes. "Just...ugh. I'm making food. Come."

You blinked as he stomped away. What was that? His attempt at making you feel better? It amused you to see him try.

You made sure you were looking okay-ish before following after him, jogging to reach him at the elevator. He watched you with bored eyes, an eye twitching with impatience. You nervously chuckled, your cheeks blooming with heat.

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

He may have been there for you but that was because he felt bad, you realized. He probably felt the same guilt that you felt. It hurt a bit that he probably wasn't helping you on his own free will. No, it was his pride.

His pride did not let go of the guilt. And his pride felt the need to somehow let go of his guilt, one way or another.

And that was to hold your hand on the train.

Coming to that realization, you couldn't help but step away from him a bit. You were not important. You never were to anyone, only Izuku. And maybe All for One but it was only because of your quirk.

And maybe All Might but he's probably mad at you. Maybe your friends.

You shook your head. It was not the time to get suicidal. You had to be strong. You had to, or else your father might take advantage of you. Or you might drown in the world of heroes.

Whichever one comes first, it'll end badly, you knew.

You felt like the "the chosen one" of a book. The two sides of the same coin wanted you. One of them would have you in the end, not that you mattered anyways.

You were nothing but a pawn in their game of chess. Being the chosen one was only a mark of dread and despair. So you decided that you didn't want to be the chosen one, you wanted to become your own person.

You were snapped out of it when Katsuki snapped his fingers in front of you. "Are you listening, dumbass?!"

You blinked. You had gotten from the elevator to stirring a pot of soup. You froze.

It happened on the train before too. What was wrong with you?

"Ah?! Did you hear?!" He was almost hitting you with the knife. Dangerous but it was Katsuki.

"Ah, sorry, no, I didn't."

"Tch. You're a lot more spacey since that day. It's pissing me off." He returned to cutting whatever he had on his cutting board.

"I'm sorry. Uhm...this is a weird question to ask but did I talk to you when we got in the kitchen?"

"No. Are you telling me you weren't listening at all?! Fucking bitch!" He snatched the spoon in your hand.