22. A Hold on Fate

Breakfast.

It was almost like you were eating normally with your father, at the dinner table. He had given you space to shower and gave you proper clothing.

"Only the best clothing for my daughter," he said.

And then he patted your head when you shed a couple of tears at the show of affection.

All for One knew that your mother favored your brother, but he did not know that you were neglected of love. While he wanted to use you to take down society, he felt pity for his creation. You were a powerful being and yet treated so poorly.

All the love you gave to your mother, she trashed it. All love you gave to your brother may have been cherished, but was it ever returned? Did your brother do ANYTHING to help you? Did he ever think about you?

Surely he must've because you might've never survived with all the loneliness you were feeling. Even simple actions he did made you cry. It angered him.

If he was a monster, what was your mother?

All for One may have found eating with you boring but the way your eyes shone whenever you glanced at him made him stay. If he was your father, he'll act like one.

"It's almost been a day." Your dad said as he sat at his chair beside you. He was looking over some pictures of dismembered corpses. Some kind of mission, he said.

You didn't mind. He was so kind to you.

A part of you hated the way you trusted him so easily. About the way you didn't care about dead people. You were a hero.

But each time he smiled at you made you want to cry. That kind of affection you had never seen before, was served on a silver platter. How could you not?

How dare you not to?

"I heard that some man had attempted to attack you." Your dad spoke, "he had been arrested, hadn't he?"

You shivered when you thought back to that time. You had hesitated when he plunged the knife into the woman's shoulder, and when she screamed for help, you trembled. When he captured you, he had attempted to...

"No one's going to hurt you." Your dad grabbed your trembling hand. "I already killed him."

A wave of calmness.

A relief.

A villain.

There was a sudden shaking that startled you awake. All for One grinned as he stood from his seat beside you.

"(Y/n), the heroes will take you back. You have to go with them. Someday, we will live together as family. Not in this place or world, we cannot be related. You're a girl I captured to research your power."

You stared at him for a moment before nodding. "Okay, dad."

"Good girl. Quickly, go dress back to your old clothes. I shall hold them off and when I call you, come outside."

"Okay. Dad, please don't kill anyone."

"Sacrifices are made with purpose, (Y/n)."

You ran to the room he gave you and changed back into your old clothes. You knew your dad was manipulating you. You knew he didn't care about you.

But you clung to him like flies to honey because you needed his parental affection. In one day, he had managed to fix your mental stability. Nothing was more healing than the lies of death.

You could feel something trip you and you fell tumbling down the stairs. The first thought that came to thought was your father. He needed you to appear hurt.