25. Tears

You weren't sure why they needed you. There had been a landslide and people were trapped but Thirteen was taking care of it. You were on the other side of Japan, miles away from your home.

Maybe you took too long to get here? You did fly as fast as you could.

When Thirteen spotted you, she growled like a feral wolf. "Why didn't you come sooner?! The people are all almost drowning-!"

Your eyes glowed brilliantly, the mud raising with the people in it, setting them on stable land. Now that you had assessed the situation, your quirk would give you any quirk you needed to perform this task.

Your quirk gave you a heat vision kind of quirk. Using it, you could see a person stuck underneath the mud. Not dead, only drowning. You rose them onto land, pulling the mud out through their mouth. They coughed, seeming relieved that they were alive.

"It appears that's everyone." You told Thirteen. "I can't see anyone else."

Thirteen sighed, "I'm sorry for lashing out at you. I was afraid I couldn't save everyone."

"I don't mind." You replied, draining the people's clothes of mud.

It was raining harshly in this area, but it was starting to let up now.

"I'll leave the rest to you, Thirteen. I have to get back home."

"Yes, thank you. And...I'm sorry, again, for lashing out on you. And...for relying on you. You're a child. I'm ashamed of myself."

"Don't worry." You're not the first, you wanted to say. "I've already forgiven you. My quirk is versatile, so I understand that it may be used in this kind of situation. However, I won't say that I'm okay with the heroes using me as a last resort. I am not a god."

"Right. Thank you for helping us." Thirteen patted your head. "I'm sorry you had to go through with what you did. You're still pretty with your hair like that. Head back home and spend time with your family."

This situation had brought nothing but pain. But how selfish can you be? The people there had been through worse.

You nodded.

Spreading your wings, you jumped.

And you were on your way back home, slowly.

It was probably around seven p.m. when you arrived back at the Bakugos. You were soaking wet and shivering. Without the sun, there was nothing to dry you or keep you warm.

Not even your mother's arms.

Only Mitsuki's.

She hugged you even as her clothes got wet. She didn't mind dirtying her hands for you. She did not mind.

So you hugged her back and wished that she were your mom. She led you in the bathroom and helped you bathe. You didn't mind when she saw your naked body. She was nonjudgmental, kind, and understanding.

She would not mind the bruises that still littered your body from that incident with All for One. She would not hate your imperfections.

She was not afraid of you.

She dried your body and left you to change. When you finished, you came to the dining room, met with a steaming bowl of food. Before, you wouldn't have thought much of it. You would've taken it for granted.

But now that your mother was not feeding you, nothing stopped you from crying. The Bakugos were warm and loving, close, and chaotic. Loud but caring.

You wanted nothing more than to be apart of their family.