34. Smiling Cat

When he arrived back at the dorms, it was two in the morning. He looked even more sleep deprived than he should be and he was collapsed on the floor. You found him when you were heading to the bathroom, almost stepping on him.

You crouched beside him with a frown. To come back at this hour, it must've been hard on him.

"The contract is on the table."

He startled you when he spoke. You glanced at the table to see a piece of paper atop it.

"Did it take a lot of arguing?" You asked as you stood.

"Yes. That stubborn old lady is mad."

You smiled, "thank you, Mr. Aizawa. You're the best teacher I could ever ask for."

He grumbled something incoherent and went back to sleep. Grabbing the sheet of paper, you sat down at one of the chairs.

To summarize it, that old lady wants a contract to restrict your coming and goings. Basically, a schedule to decide where you went so that you wouldn't bump into him. At first, you liked the old lady. She was kind and she understood.

But being treated this way, it seemed as if she might've been under some sort of influence. People don't change this fast. That or she has a motive behind this.

You carefully read it thoroughly before signing your name. Should she fail to do this, you'll gather evidence to expose her. You'll show it to the whole world so she feels that bitterness.

Mr. Aizawa came from behind you and took the sheet of paper. "You can cancel it whenever you want by ripping the paper to shreds. I have a paper shredder in my office if you need it."

"Thanks. This means a lot to me." You smiled as your vision began to blur. He sighed and pulled you into a hug.

"It's my duty to protect you and make sure you're safe. I'm not gonna force you to do something because it's triggering to you. I'll push you to your limits but I won't hurt you in this way."

He patted your back before letting go. "Go back to your room and get some sleep. Your schedule will be a lot more restricted but I will not allow you to feel as if you're suffocating. Got it?"

"Mm. Thanks again, Mr. Aizawa. You're the best person who could've entered in my life."

He wasn't all that, really, he thought. He was only being a hero. He was doing what was the right thing.

"First, I gotta go use the bathroom. That's the whole reason I came down here."

"Go ahead."

He watched you leave, his gaze locked on your white hair. His gaze hardened. That old lady had to go.

She had to go soon.

You sighed with relief at the fact that you could finally walk down the halls without having to see HIM all day. Without having to bother your brother and Katsuki. You felt a lot better, a lot less burdened.

You felt like you could breathe again. You sent Ochako a smile when she expressed concern. She smiled back, a bit relieved that you were feeling better.

You had pushed her away for a while. It hurt but it wasn't about her. All she could think about was that you were so scared that you needed to have your brother by your side.

Shoto noticed that you were greeting people with a smile. A small smile grew on his face as he realized that you were feeling better. In fact, everyone in Class 1-A was relieved you were feeling better.

Mr. Aizawa noticed the huge change when he arrived at the classroom. He could tell that the class was whole again now that you were feeling safer.

"The provisional licensing exams are coming up. Because of the villain attack at the summer camp, you all weren't able to get your licenses. Usually it's reserved for second years, who are more experienced."