46. The Sidekick

"Children who are neglected are often raised to believe that they are unlovable. They grow angry because their subconsciousness knows they were treated unfairly. They were angry because they were not treated like human. And so, they grow angry and grumpy, irritated. Overstimulated. Depression. The way a parent, parents...it all influences how a child will grow up. Even emotional neglect will harm them for life. They're easy to manipulate. They've been so lost for a long time and someone comes with a solution, when there is, in fact, no solution at all. Then, what should the child do? Nothing. The child does nothing."

You hung out with the girls from your class while the rest of the contestants finished up their exam. Only one hundred people could pass, meaning that if your whole class passed, it'd take up a fourth of the total examinees.

And they did pass.

It was kinda surprising that a whole ass class managed to get to the second round. As arrogant as you sounded, you knew you'd have no problem with the first round. You had every quirk at your disposal, why would you have trouble?

The second round would soon test your compassion and the ability to reassure those around you. Listening to the head of the exam, you realized you might have a bit of trouble with this one.

Sure, you were kind, compassionate and all that but could you really reassure children? Or people at all? It was a question you'd soon come to find answers to.

The arena was destroyed and people were put into hiding around the city. You narrowed your eyes. You'd need a searching kind of quirk. And a quirk that made sure that everyone was protected.

The walls came apart again and you quickly took a pill, laying down to die before reviving. Your eyes glowed golden as you could see every single person's presence.

"(Y/n), you can see where people are, right?" Izuku asked, "just tell us where to go."

You nodded and pointed out where people where to other groups of people before going off to get the remaining.

It was easy grabbing them and reassuring them that they'd be okay before teleporting them after a warning. Getting most of the people there, you started to give first aid. There was a big crash that you couldn't see. You narrowed your eyes, becoming sharper.

It looked like Gang Orca was going to be a villain for today.

You quickly began teleporting people to a safer spot, warning them each time to get their consent. Those who didn't, you gave them off to other people to carry. You continued until you finished, standing up.

You walked towards the fight. Shoto and Inasa were fighting each other while Izuku was trying to stop them. Yo joined the fight as you searched for quirks for this specific battle.

Your eyes glowed golden as you felt an energy boost, your hands becoming metal. You rushed forward, punching Gang Orca's snout.

Blood seeped from his nostrils as he turned his attention towards you. Dodging his attack, chains shot out of your hands as it wrapped around him. You sealed the chains to the ground, bringing him down.

You were tackled by his side kicks. But by a burst of energy, you shot them off you. Veins appearing on your face, you turned to look at them. Giant hands from your back shot out to grab them, throwing them against each other.

Izuku watched with admiration, the way you casually took down the number nine hero made him want to become stronger. You turned to glare at Shoto and Inasa, who were still bickering.

"Snap out of it!" You shouted. "what kind of idiots would stand there and fight while there people need to be saved?!"

Inasa hung his head in shame while Shoto's eye was twitching. He loved you but he still had his pride. He knew he was wrong but like his daddy, he was prideful.

Shoto spared you a mere glance before turning back to Inasa to bicker. Rolling your eyes, you went to Shoto before getting hit by Gang Orca's large hand.

You gasped before he hit the back of your neck, leaving you to slump against his arm.

"She's much too dangerous to be on the battlefield." Gang Orca said. "She passed with flying colors. Take her to that insomniac and tell him that she passed. She gives everyone too much of an advantage here."

His sidekick took you, leaving behind Shoto and Inasa to fight some more. Izuku was worried but he let them take you. The sidekick carried you, amazed at how you were so powerful.

The girl with the golden heart, chosen by All Might to be the next big thing. The ability to conquer the world but only wants to help people. It was scary, but reassuring at the same time. Reaching the insomniac, the sidekick told him what Gang Orca passed on to him.

"Well, since it's Gang Orca, it's fine. I mean, she's chosen by All Might too." The head of the event spoke, "I personally don't care. If she passed, she passed. One of my assistants will give the licensing to her. Just set her over there. God, I want to be in her place."

The sidekick set you down. He felt very bad for you ever since the incident. He figured you might panic when you woke up so he made sure the curtains were open, even when the head opposed to it.

The sidekick was pretty proud of you for passing, even when he didn't even know you. He knew you were a good kid.

He left, hoping for a bright future for you.