49. The Naked Man

Everyone noticed it immediately. Katsuki was holding your hand while you tried not to burst with emotion. He teased you while you fought against him, headbutting him whenever he messed around with you.

No one failed to notice the bruises on your collarbone, especially your failed attempt to hide them. Mina seriously, really, EXTREMELY wanted to ask but the other girls held her back.

"An invasion of privacy!" Ochako scolded her. "She'll tell us eventually!"

"Awww!" Mina pouted. She wanted to have a boyfriend of her own. Or girlfriend.

It looks so cute the way you shared an umbrella with Katsuki. Umbrella? School!

She rushed to get her bag and her umbrella from her dorm room.

Mr. Aizawa noticed your happier mood. He saw the glance that Katsuki gave you, a tiny of red on his cheeks. It wasn't his problem as long as it didn't interfere with his teaching.

He gave general announcements to the class, having them on edge because of their internships. Because of their connections, some students already had internships ready. Others didn't.

People like Katsuki and Shoto(and only them) had to take the licensing program where they could redeem themselves. Otherwise, it was pretty uneventful.

A young girl was strapped to a bed, breathing heavily. She wanted to run away. She tugged at the leather straps, a scream leaving her small lips. Hot tears streamed down her cheeks as she hoped for heroes- anyone, to help her.

She quieted down when a certain male entered the room, taking his glove off. She started heaving faster at the sight of his hand approaching her.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt a bit."

You jumped up in your bed, hand stretched out. "No!"

You huffed, your chest heaving as you realized that it was a dream. Tears streamed down your face as you wiped them away. This wasn't your memory. Those weren't your small hands.

Someone needed help.

Black dots dotted your vision and you fell back against your bed, falling back asleep.

Katsuki huffed as he wrapped a scarf around his neck. He didn't like that he had to take the walk of shame outside.

"Katsuki."

He stopped moving at the sound of your voice. He turned and waited for you to catch up. "What is it?"

Although he grumbled, he was happy to see you.

"Don't forget to take a snack. I'm sure you'll be hungry." You tucked a container into his hands. "Okay? Don't starve."

He peered at the container, holding back a grin. They were perfectly cut apple bunnies. He wrapped an arm around your head and stuffed your face into his chest.

"Yeah, dumbass. I get it. I won't starve."

"I can't breathe!"

"I know, I'm breathtaking." He let go of you, taking his hand to pet you but you flinched. He frowned. "I guess all the fighting back then hasn't left your body, huh?"

"Ah, no, it's just..."

"I get it. Not like the past can just forget because we started dating."

"We can work on that, together." You grabbed his hands. "There may still be tension between us but I promise, we will work through it. Even if you can't, I'll carry us both."