21. Man of Death

"Ah, there she goes." The voice spoke to the light-haired man-child. "My daughter is wonderful, isn't she?"

"She's quite the motivational speaker." Kurogiri commented, wiping at the tabletop. Shigaraki Tomura scratched at his neck as he stared at the screen.

You looked so determined and strong. So, you were All For One's daughter, huh?

"She's strong, just like me. However, she seems to think she's quirkless. Tomura, do whatever you'd like with the other students. (Y/n) is not to be hurt, understand? She's important to our mission."

"Yes, master."

Tomura didn't know what was so important about you despite being his master's daughter, but he'd follow his orders anyways.

Whatever hidden power you had, it better be useful.

You were sure not where Katsuki was. You did not know that Katsuki had been kidnapped. You did not know that you weren't the only one trembling with fear at the face of the villain in front of you.

"Don't be afraid." The man with the mask coddled you. "I will not hurt you. I promised that I will not steal your quirk."

This man had the presence of death. He smelled like death. His face was death. He was death.

"How has your mother been? We have a lot of catching up to do." He sat in front of you, holding your hands.

You weren't tied to the chair. You were too scared to move and the man of death found it amusing.

"Come, speak to me. I'm sure you recognize me?"

You shook your head, staring at his empty sockets. How could he see you?

"I'm a bit saddened." He patted your hand gently. "You can't recognize your own father?"

As if you had been burned, you drew your hands back. You stared at him, wide-eyed. This man was your father?

"You-you can't be my father."

"I may have changed a bit over the years but I'm still here." He reached to grab your hands but was met with repulsion.

You glanced at the nomus held in tanks, shivering at the sight of revealing brains.

"M-my father had white hair and he was kind and he...he didn't reek of death."

The man in front of you grinned wider. "So you do remember me? I'm so glad, (Y/n). I'm afraid I may smell a bit because I've been...about."

"Doing what." You whispered, your pupils dilated at the danger in front of you.

"You may not understand it now, but you will understand soon. Those heroes do not care about you-"

"I know manipulation when I see it." Your voice was firm now, as if you found the strength to fight against him for the truth.

"My sweet little girl is so intelligent." He stroked your hair, affection evident in his voice.

Something about him stroking your hair made you feel calm. Your mother never showed you this kind of attention. Izuku could never replace your father, he was your brother.

Seeking for any kind of affection, you did everything you could for validation from your mother. You never received any. So you resorted to fighting Katsuki in hopes that she'd care about your injuries but she didn't.

You were selfishly fighting Katsuki for your mother's attention, not to protect Izuku. Once you had accepted that truth, tears streamed down your face.

"What's wrong, my sweet child?"