28. Jumpscare

"Don't go far." You told Kinsei as he trotted to a bush to sniff and hide under. You knew he was a good kitty so he wouldn't leave you.

You sat at the stairs that go up to the dorms, waiting patiently for your cat to finish his nap. While he was napping, you studied for your next test. Even with all the chaos, you still had schoolwork to do.

It was calming, and Kinsei even moved to cuddle beside you under the sun. Koda stopped by, rubbing Kinsei's back and the back of his ears. Koda was good with animals so you didn't mind if he sat beside you for a little bit.

It was when two shadows covered the sun that you got startled. Looking up, you squinted as the sun's rays made your pupils shrink.

Like a jumpscare from a horror movie or a video game, you froze. The man standing before you was the same man who almost trafficked someone.

The same man who almost hurt you beyond repair.

"Hello, young lady."

You crawled back, eyes wide as saucers. Shaking so much it was visible, you grabbed Kinsei so roughly he bit you. Letting go of him, you hissed before freezing when the man grabbed your shoulder.

You screamed and shoved his hand off your shoulder, creating a great distance between you and him. Aizawa stood beside the man, staring at you strangely. What an odd reaction.

Kinsei came to you apologetically. You cooed, picking him up and sniffing his fur before almost running back into the dorms.

You cried into Kinsei's fur, for what seemed like hours.

You hated the hero society.