𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦𝘴

"Do we have to do this?"

"Yes, Domino. If you don't want to keep falling asleep and letting the Team carry you around, we need to talk to him." Bruce said, gesturing for me to walk inside the room.

The story is simple. Inside Arkham walls, Batman took Ace as a foster kid. He rented a small apartment on the outskirts of Gotham and prepared it for home inspections and all that. Ace turned into Domino and Batman protects her from Joker's gang outside of the asylum and Belle Reve.

Outside Arkham and to the rest of the world, Domino is Ace and the Joker's daughter, but Maeve Wayne is a poor orphan girl who was kidnapped by Joker after his escape seven years ago.

The lies one can hide under a mask is incredible.

"I'm not responsible for what happens in there." I grumbled and heard a familiar screech making me flinch. "Hey, Ma'..."

"My baby! My sweet baby!" Harley screeched and pulled me into a tight hug. "The B-man treating you good?"

"There's warm food every night and I'm finally going to school in the fall instead of being homeschooled... I also made a few friends recently, so that's good. They're really nice and don't ask a lot of questions about my face which I appreciate." I shrugged and winced when she pinched my cheeks. "Easy, Harley. I had surgery a few months ago. The face is still new."

"You put my baby under the knife!?" She yelled and turned to hit Bruce but I pushed her back.

"Pro-bono surgeries to try and reverse what Dad did to me. They all quit the case after they saw how deep it actually is. Not even the best plastic surgeon in America wants to do it, so I quit too."

"But you have such a pretty smile, baby! Puddin' did-"

"Can it, Mom. The reason I was born is because he wanted an heir, and the reason all this happened to me is because I wasn't a boy."

"Ace, you know that your father is a hard man, but all he did was-"

"You bitch! You undid years of my work!" Joker yelled and we both tensed. I immediately turned to hide under Bruce's cape when he walked inside and Harley grabbed a chair. "Just wait until I get my hands on you, Ace!"

"Sit down, Joker. We need to talk." Bruce spat, stepping when Joker tried to grab my arm. "And step away from Harley, as well."

"Visiting hours for Harley are over, Batman. They stop when he arrives, it was part of the deal." I whispered and he nodded.

"Visit me next week?" Harley asked and I nodded, gripping Bruce's arm tight. "See you soon, sweetheart."

"Bye, Mom." I waved and she was escorted out of the room.

"And then there were three... why don't you come and give Daddy a hug, pumpkin?"

"I'd rather drink battery acid and be skinned alive." I spat, moving away from Bruce but still holding his arm.

"I can arrange that." Joker grinned and sat down. "Now, what's this about? I'm a very busy man, y'know?"

"The venom, Joker. She's running out of time." Bruce said, crossing his arms. "You need to tell us how to break her addiction."

"Mmm... pass." Joker shrugged, propping his feet on the table.

I stepped away from Bruce and punched my dad square in the jaw before picking him up by the chains and banged his face on the table several times.

"Listen here, and listen good... You ruined my life and made it hell since I was covered in placenta and blood, left me for dead more times than I could count and carved my face like a butcher. Tell me about the venom or I'll be the one carving a frown on your face. After all, you can't make people laugh when you're looking sad all the time, Daddy." I hissed, pulling out a knife from one of my boots and pressed it to his face.