𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘳

a/n: double update and last chapter of season 1

lizziesatlzmangf you're welcome😉🫡

"No! There's no way Roy was the mole! He was the most careful of all of us!"

"Domino, please-"

"Oh, shut up, Batman!" I yelled and the entire Team gasped. "We've known him for years! He might as well be my big brother!"

"Unfortunately...the Roy Harper we have known for the last three years is another Project Cadmus clone." Red Tornado interrupted.

"We've learned the real Speedy was abducted and replaced immediately after becoming Green Arrow's sidekick. The clone was pre-programmed with a drive to join the Justice League. Which is why he was so angry over any delays to his admission and why he refused to join the Team... This Roy Harper had no idea he was a clone or a traitor. And his subconscious programming drove him to become League-worthy." Bruce explained and I widened my eyes taking a step back.

"But... but we fought alongside each other long before the Team was formed." I said with tears beginning to form. "He taught me to shoot an arrow and everything!"

"Fortunately, I had already deduced Red Arrow was a clone. We were prepared."

"Savage was subdued... but Red Arrow escaped. He is now a fugitive, armed and dangerous."

"What happened to the real Roy?" Dick asked as I turned away from Bruce and Red Tornado. Artemis and Zatanna already had their arms opened and engulfed me in a hug.

"We don't know. He isn't at Cadmus. We have to face the possibility that the real Roy Harper is dead." Bruce said and I whimpered, closing my eyes tight and felt Zatanna's grip tighten.

"The clone Roy. The Team will find him." Kaldur called out.

"Negative. Red Arrow's a member of the Justice League now. Leave him to us."

"But-"

"No buts, Maeve." Bruce warned and I turned to him with wide eyes. "I'm needed on the Watchtower. Tornado, stay with the kids."

Recognized: Batman, 0-2

"Clone or no clone...Red Arrow was one of us. We will go after him." Kaldur assured everyone, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Something's off. I don't like it." I shrugged just as Red Tornado powered down. "See!?"

"Guys, I'm sensing...a low-level mystic force at play. I don't know if it caused his shutdown, but...Now that I think about it, I was getting the same buzz off Batman." Zatanna said, gently pushing me away and held her head.

"He called me by my first name... He never does that in public."

"And he called us kids. He never does that!" Dick called out.