𝘙𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥

a/n: don't know what's happening with wattpad and not letting me center the dividers without fucking up the text.

also, i hope the buildup was worth it. because it's all going downhill from here.

song for this chapter: Haunted- Taylor Swift

"Nice to see you take a break for once."

"Don't start, please. Not tonight, Dick." I groaned, taking off my boots and thigh holsters. "Can we argue tomorrow? I'm tired."

"You said you were gonna take a break when we got back from Markovia and what do I see? My lovely fiancée suiting up the moment we got back home." Dick pointed out, leaning against the bedroom door as I removed my mask. "Wanna tell me where you went off to?"

"Gotham. Steph called me in a frenzy because the Knight was after Tim."

"Let Bruce handle it."

"He was chasing Joker again."

"Leaving you to deal with the teenagers." He scoffed and I narrowed my eyes.

"The Knight tried to kill Tim again. That's why Steph called me." I admitted. "Poor boy was so shaken up this time that I had to stay with him. Then Bruce had me go offline to get intel and didn't give me enough time to call and tell you... I'm sorry."

"Typical Bruce." Dick rolled his eyes and grabbed the first aid kit from under the bed. "Serious injuries? Or did Alfred take care of them?"

"Didn't have enough time. I have a cut on my leg that I think needs stitches. I just wrapped it up and drowned it in alcohol." I said as he gently removed my tights and grimaced at the bloody bandages.

"How this happened?"

"Fighting the Knight, he cut my leg with a fucking katana!" He... he didn't put up much of a fight afterwards."

"What do you mean?"

"He was acting like he regretted it. He started pulling his punches afterwards and-"

Recognized: Red Robin, B-20
Recognized: Spoiler, B-28

"HE'S IN BLÜDHAVEN!" Tim yelled and we heard a crash downstairs. "I'm okay!"

"I'll give you five minutes and meet us in the basement. I'll warm up the bikes." I sighed, pulling up my tights before grabbing my mask, guns and holsters. "Rubber bullets or real?"

"Both." Dick grumbled, pressing a light kiss to my forehead. "We'll argue later."

"If we don't pass out once we're back home or one of us gets a concussion... again."

"Good point."

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚

"You're slowing down, boss."