𝘞𝘢𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳

a/n: i feel like i need a six month vacation after this arc

~Jason's POV~

"I know that look, Jaybird. It's the same one Mae has when she's worried."

"You shouldn't have dragged Maeve into this, Dickbird."

"Believe me, the last thing I want us to drag her into this after she's been running for her life the entire night... But I quite literally can't do this without her. B trained us like that." Dick sighed, frantically moving around the living room of a safe house. "He trained us so each of us knows only one half of the contingency plan in case the other was compromised as well."

"The man is paranoid." I chuckled and heard a window open making Dick immediately rush to help Maeve slip inside. "You're late."

"I'm pregnant and have heartburn. It's getting harder to swing and leap from buildings." She grumbled and sat next to me on the couch. "You disconnected him?"

"Yep. All Bat systems are down so we're doing this the old fashioned way. Streets are clear so it's easier... what about you?"

"Communications are down except for our line and the one that connects to Babs but I cut Dad off from that one." She said and took off the metal plate covering her belly. "How did it happen? B's too careful for this to happen, especially with Tim down and a grandchild on the way."

"Scarecrow designed a special toxin for him. It's supposed to drive him to the edge of insanity until his heart gives out and dies. I... I had something to do with it." I admitted and they both sighed. "I'm sorry! I was just so angry at Bruce and the Pit madness got to me and-"

"Do you regret it?"

"I'm starting to."

"Then it doesn't matter." Maeve assured and I nodded, removing the plates of my suit to reveal countless needles. "Barbara told me but I didn't wanna believe it."

"Jaybird, please tell me that's-"

"I've been getting hit with fear toxin all night. When I saw you guys, I managed to break off the vials after Katie threw me off a building. It was the only way he could keep me under his control."

"And you willingly left those needles in you?" Dick grimaced and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not gonna run around Gotham naked, asshole."

"Get him a shirt from Bruce's closet or something while I do my part." Maeve waved him off and walked to the Batbox. "Batbox, activate Lights Out protocol. Authorization: MG-2."