𝘑𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘑𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘮

"So, you're-"

"Yep."

"And that's why you-"

"Right again." I interrupted Kaldur and pulled out a syringe full of Venom from my belt and showed him. "Grade-A Joker Venom... enough to make anyone laugh to death, but for me, it does absolutely nothing other than keep homicidal thoughts and actions at bat."

"I now understand why you wanted to keep it a secret from the Team." He sighed and I nodded.

"I still don't want anyone to know yet. Only Robin and Artemis knew before now, and I'd like to keep it that way for a little while longer."

"How did they find out?"

"Artemis and I grew up around the same circles... Robin was the one who found me in that warehouse and convinced Batman to take me to a hospital, the rest is history." I shrugged and injected the Venom in my arm. "Robin's the only one who's able to keep me sane my mind was too much for me to handle... Which is why we're always together, I guess."

"Which is why he wasn't okay with me keeping you here." Kaldur said in realization. "I will keep it in mind... but you have endured through so much, Domino..."

"It's fine, Aqualad. As long as I have enough Joker venom through my veins, I won't die or go insane again."

"Again?"

"A week or so after I left the hospital, Batman-"

"Robin to Aqualad or Domino!" Dick's voice rang out through our comms. "We're over Philadelphia. We've located the Shadows' next target, STAR Labs... We're too late. It's destroyed, totally destroyed. The Fog decimated it... What's our next move?"

"Rescan for the Fog and find it. We're moving the doctor." Kaldur said and gave me a look.

"And Domino?"

"I'm fine, birdie." I laughed hearing him sigh in relief. "Find the Fog and contact us when you do. Everything's a smooth ship over here."

"That's good to hear... Robin out."

"You didn't tell him that I know?" Kaldur asked and I shook my head. "Why?"

"Let him keep thinking that he's the only one who knows for a while longer. He likes to think that he's protecting me."

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚

"I don't like the sound of whatever is going on at that warehouse."

"You're not leaving to investigate." Kaldur said and I nodded.

"I've almost got it!" Dr. Roquette called out just as I got a video call from Dick.

"The next target's a WayneTech Facility. In theory, its system software could be used to hack the-"

"Shh!" I interrupted Dick who immediately closed his mouth and looked down. "WayneTech operates a 24-hour workforce. You'll never evacuate the building in time."

"We have company!" Kaldur called out.

"Domino, what's-"

"Find a way to get rid of it! Override is R-G-4." I ended the video call and tightened my pigtails before grabbing my bat and a Batarang.

A singular sphere rattles its way down the dark hallway, coming to a stop just within the visible range. Before stopping and immediately releasing a smokescreen. Kaldur whips out his WaterBearers quickly, forming solid swords in seconds. Roquette stands up beside him when nothing happens for a few seconds.