𝘛𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸

"It's a nice view, huh monkey?"

"It is." I whispered, looking out into the ocean from the tower we were at. "Thanks for doing this, Artemis..."

"I know I'm not Wally's favorite person right now... but it is nice to have you back." Dick smiled softly. "She actually missed you."

"It's nice to be back. I didn't realize how much I'd been missing it... which is pretty much exactly what Wally's afraid of." Artemis sighed. "He's worried the rush that comes with the mask will get its hooks in... and I won't give it up until my dying day."

"I know exactly what you mean."

"Y'know sometimes I thought about giving it up one day." I admitted, holding out the crowbar and swung it around. "But I'm in too deep to give it up right now."

"You seriously see yourself hanging up the mask?" Artemis smirked and I shrugged.

"I think so... I mean, Bart says there's a kid in my future, so I have to give it up at some point."

"I dunno, Mae... I still see you kicking ass while pregnant and having Dick over there suffering heart attacks."

"Imagine Mae in the second trimester with the hormones and fighting someone like Bane. That's gonna be the thing that sends me to my grave." Dick rolled his eyes a pressed a light kiss to my temple. "We're up... I have LG with a temper tantrum because I won't let him join his girl in the skies."

"But we need coverage in the water." I pointed out.

"Try telling him that. In fact, please tell him that!"

"Hey, LG! You've got two strikes with me today. One more and you're out... stay in the water where we need you because not all of us have gills!" I scolded and Artemis started laughing. "You seem to forget that Nightwing's not the only leader of this Team."

"Sorry, Domino..." La'gann grumbled.

"Keep the temper tantrums to a minimum, please. We already have enough of those with the Kryptonian who has anger issues and this psychopath who wants to set something on fire already."

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚

"There's no static on a psychic link!"

"Remind me to remind LG of what it means to be in this covert Team before I lose my mind!" I yelled.

"Company!" Artemis said and pointed at the beach where Manta's troops were emerging from. She shot a line to the other side of the landing platform and slid down.

"Hang on." Dick smirked as I climbed on his back and we both slid down after her. "Superboy, we need cover fire down here!"