𝘙𝘦𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴

"Dick, the answer is no!"

"Mae, if you could just-"

"The anniversary of your parent's deaths is in a week! The same week you want us to become circus folk! Have you lost it!?" I yelled, and he sighed jumping down from the trapeze. "Dick, let me take over. It's too close to home for you and-"

"Which is why I have to do it, Mae! It's Haly's circus!" Dick pleaded.

"You haven't been on a trapeze and performed in literal years, Dick. And neither have I."

"Which is why we have a week to get an act together... Mae, I'm not forcing you to do this with me. But there's no one I'd rather have up there with me than you."

"I haven't properly been on a trapeze since that night, Dick." I admitted and he nodded, gesturing for me to climb up.

"Frankly, I haven't touched one since Mom and Dad... I'm still rusty." He admitted, and placed my hands on the trapeze. "Think of it as flying throughout Wonderland."

"It's a long fall."

"There's mats and I won't let you fall." He promised but was hesitant to grab the trapeze.

"You alright there, birdie?"

"Yeah... I just need a second to get my bearings."

"You really want to do this, Dick?" I asked, letting go with a sigh and he nodded. "How much do you trust me right now?"

"Blindly."

"Wear something all black and meet me at the gate in ten minutes. We're going to Wonderland."

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚

"Harley once told me that to fly, you gotta fall first

"Harley once told me that to fly, you gotta fall first."

"I think that's a metaphor, but knowing you, you're gonna take it literally. And I don't see how-"

"You gotta face your fears if you really want to help Haly, Dick." I said and tossed him a mask that covers the lower half of our faces. "Wear that."