𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵

a/n: welcome to hell.
aka: the Arkham arc

get ready for a hell of a roller coaster because i'm not holding anything back for these next few chapters.

but here's a wholesome filler chapter to make up for the angst of last chapter and the ones to come

"This demonstration used just five ounces of my latest toxin. By tomorrow, this will all seem like child's play... Gotham, this is your only warning."

"One week is all I ask. One week of fucking peace!" I yelled, turning off the TV and stood up from Dick's lap. "We're going to Gotham. Get the heavy artillery from the safe while I pack our suits."

"I fucking hate Scarecrow and Gotham right now, I swear." Dick grumbled, rubbing his temples. "STEPHANIE! We're going to Gotham! Suit up with heavy artillery!"

"FUCK YEAH!" She yelled as I picked up my phone and called Artemis.

"Hey monkey, what's up?"

"I need you to Zeta and get your mom out of Gotham. You have two hours to get everything packed and leave."

"Yeah, Will saw the news. I was just about to call you. Is it-"

"It's worse, mouse. I need you to get her out. I'll override the Zeta so she can get to Star City quick." I ordered, rushing up the stairs with Dick trailing behind and Stephanie running down the hall to her room. "Stephanie, three minutes. Get the grenades and everything else prepped."

"On it, Mom."

"And you? Will's prepping Lian's room so you and Dick can stay here until it's over, especially you." Artemis said and I heard shuffling around.

"I'm not going anywhere until it's over. We've been preparing for this for weeks."

"Mae, you're five months pregnant, have a doctor's appointment in three days to find out the gender and were in Arkham not too long ago. You're in no condition."

"As long as I'm able to get up and walk without getting fatigued, I can still fight."

"We tried to talk her out of it for weeks!" Dick called out, moving the portrait of me, Harley and Joker to open the safe. "So, Bruce had her entire suit lined with titanium and had special plates for her bump. Anyone tries to hit it and they're electrocuted... it also recognizes our heat signatures so we can stand near her no problem. She's the safest and most bulletproof person in the entire state of New Jersey."

"That brings me a weird sense of comfort when it's not supposed to because that's just terrifying as hell." Will butted and I chuckled. "But if you ever wish to stop by during the night, you know where the keys are."

"You just take care of our goddaughter, Harper. We're out here making the world safe for her." I smiled and hung up. "Okay... what are we taking?"

"I'm packing up grenades, smoke bombs, your throwing cards... pretty much anything that'll fit in our belts."