𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

a/n: rewatching Descendants after literal years is doing stuff to my brain and this chapter is proof of that.

and i rewrote this chapter 3 times with different plots and this was the one that stuck 😭

~Dick's POV~

"Y'know what we haven't done in a while?"

"Sleep more than four hours and eat peacefully without being interrupted with a crisis either on the Team or Gotham?" Maeve smirked, not looking up from her computer. "And I can't finish this report for the life of me!"

"Date night, dummy." I rolled my eyes and pulled her up from the chair, taking off her glasses in the process. "Seems like forever since it was just the two of us."

"The last time it was the two of us, you helped me commit first degree."

"This time it'll be different. It'll be like high school!"

"Not helping your case. In high school, I was dancing in pep rallies and you were a math nerd." She laughed and gently flicked my forehead. "And I have to turn that in tomorrow night for class and-"

"That's for tomorrow. You still have time and it's almost done." I pointed out and pulled her upstairs. "Now, let's go and have some fun for a change."

"Not in the mood for that kind of fun, Dick. I'd rather watch a movie tonight, honestly."

"Just trust me on this, okay? It'll be worth it."

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚

"A night working the night shift?"

"I'm afraid you've gone mad, my dear Alice." I defended and Maeve's eyes widened. "But then again-"

"We're all mad here." She finished with a huge smile. "Can't believe you actually remember."

"Of course I did... but I never asked. Why Wonderland?"

"Jade used to make us watch that stupid movie for years and always told me to imagine this godforsaken town as a fantasy land to forget kids like us were actually cursed." She shrugged, doing a handstand on the edge of the building.

"Cursed?"

"You think it was all sunshine and rainbows being raised the way I was raised? Do I need to introduce you to my parents again? Well... my mom because Dad's rotting in hell."

"I didn't forget. I just never heard you say you were cursed." I said, joining her. "You never showed me Gotham from your eyes."