1.

TWO YEARS LATER.

Friday, January 20, 2023.
12:00 p.m.
Malayiah's House.

MALAYIAH "LIYAH" KAI' SHAE| 21

"True!" I shouted from the living room.

Seconds later I heard little feet patting against the floor.

"yes mommy" she answered acting innocent

"likkle girl wa mek yuh tek the hair oil and wipe it all ova mi place?" I asked staring at all the oil marks on the walls.

"wa name so" she replied looking around

Deven ago look pan she ino. Going to the storage room, I got a pan with water and a little soap. Walking back to the living room I started to clean the walls.

I had True two years ago. I was careless bout mi gone a hotel wid man kiss mi teeth. Anyways, I never regretted my baby, she's my joy. As for the father?not even him name mi nuh know. Embarrassing right?lol but what can I say, the man is a ghost I couldn't get in no form of contact with him.

Anytime True ask mi weh har fada deh, mi just say heaven cause I really don't know what to say. It's not even like I couldn't afford to take care of her by myself, I could. But everybody needs their father.

Sighing, I got up off the floor and went to put the stuff back in the storage. I do both hair and nails for a living. I wanted my own salon but I'm saving towards it, just a few more dollars and I'm good.

True will be turning three in August and I'm so looking forward to it. My baby's all grown up. I had her enrolled in a basic school which also has a daycare center. Them expensive nuh fuck and eva a thief out mi pickney things.

I had a few hairs to do today at 2:00, I had to drop off True at her daycare before going into the shop. Pulling out my phone I checked the time.

12:45 p.m.

Mi nuh know why time a move suh fast. Walking to True's room I found her laying down on her iPad watching tiktok. She had already showered earlier but she a play ina oil suh she affi guh bathe again. Going to her closet, I took out her clothes for today.

"True come" I said to her. Putting down her iPad, she walked over to me. Going into her bathroom attached to her room, I gave her a quick shower. Putting on her clothes, I let her sit in the living room while I went and got ready.

-20 minutes later-

I was now dressed and was finish packing Tru's bag and lunch kit.

"Let's go True" I called out. Closing the door behind us, I brought our stuff to the car. Placing her in the car seat, I went to the driver's side and got in pulling off.