10.

Friday, February 3, 2023.
11:00a.m.
Malayiah's house.

MALAYIAH "LIYAH" KAI'SHAE| 21

Lifting my head from my pillow, I searched on the nightstand for my phone. Scrolling down to Alice's number, I waited for the call to connect.

"Hey Alice Good morning. I'm not reeling good, could you watch True for today please" I said as the call connected

"Sure" she responded.

Telling her to call me when she's here, I hang up and went back to sleep.

Hearing my phone ring a few minutes later, I walked downstairs to open the door for Alice.

"you look like shit" she said walking inside closing the door behind her

Rolling my eyes, I walked over to the stairs.

"she's still sleeping. I'll put money on the counter, you can bring her out and buy whatever y'all want. Just tell me where unuh aguh" I told her as I walked back to my room. Going back in my bed, i brought my blanket over me and went back to sleep.

- 1 hour later -

Feeling someone shaking me, my eyes began to open.

"Good you're awake. We're going to the park and then to watch a movie or something" Alice said from over me

"Okay" I responded as I gave True a kiss and told her I love her. Grabbing my phone I posted that I won't be able to work today and went back to sleep.

~~~

Flashback .
17 years old Malayiah.

Walking across the lane back to my Grandmother's house, I heard someone shouting for me to slow down. Not evening turning around because I knew it was Dom, I sped up my pace.

"Liyah yuh nuh hear mi a call yuh" Dom asked grabbing me back in his arms.

"Obviously I did" I said trying to push him away from me.

We had dated a year or so ago, but Dom doesn't seem to realize that I do not want him anymore and this is getting frustrating.

Hissing his teeth, he backed me up into the fence.

"Suh yuh naa mek wi deh back" he asked placing his hands on my cheek.