29.

Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
3:00 p.m.
Malayiah's Salon

Pushing the door open Julani walked inside the salon

Pushing the door open Julani walked inside the salon. Not seeing Malayiah at her station he knew that she was upstairs in their office.

Walking upstairs to her office he pulled the door open and saw her talking to one of the guys that did tattoos here. Julani did not like the guy, in fact he didn't like any male that spoke to Malayiah.

Clearing his throat, the guy walked out and closed the door behind him.

"why yuh always duh dat" Malayiah asked as she walked round the desk and hugged him.

Placing the food down he wrapped his arm around her, leaving kisses on her neck.

"Do wa" he pulled alway from her as walked to the couch.

Rolling her eyes she took up the food and sit beside of him.

Unwrapping his burger, Julani felt his phone vibrate. Ignoring it, it rang once more making Malayiah look at him.

"yuh naggo ansa that" she asked taking a sip from her juice.

Pulling his phone out of his pocket "Jade" flash across his teeth. Peeping over his shoulder Malayiah saw the name and hissed her teeth.

"why she a call yuh Julani" placing her juice down she turned and look at him.

"yuh dumb? yuh know wa mi nuh care" taking up her food she walked through the door. Pressing her ears on the door she listened in on their conversation.

Hissing his teeth, Julani looked at the phone as it continued to ring. Swiping it across he answered the phone placing it at his ears.

"Babyfada mi think yuh neva dee ago ansa" she said smiling as if he could see her.

"uh deff fi stop call mi dat. weh yuh wa" he asked standing from his seat.

The past few months with Jade has been the worse. He couldn't take it anymore.

"mi wa guh out tomorrow. ago visit my family them" she replied hoping that he would buy whatever she was saying.

"ah, ago have smaddy drop off yuh car" ending the call before she could respond, Julani hissed his teeth.

He could care less what she was doing tomorrow since tomorrow was True's birthday and they all would be busy. He wasn't there for her past two birthdays but from now on, he'll always be there.

Hearing the doorknob turn Malayiah jumped back and ran downstairs.

"Girl a wahmu to yuh" Sally asked laughing

"Nothinggg" she laughed walking to her section.

She was in disbelief that Julani was still messing with Jade. She couldn't hear clearly what they were talking about but she didn't care.

Seeing him walking over to her, she hissed her teeth and walk to the storage room. Shaking his head he walked out the salon, hopping in his car he sped off.

~~~

"Shawna ezzy nuh" Del ducked as she swung her fist almost hitting him in his face.

She took up a lamp and it came flying his way. Moving out the way just in time, Del watched as the lamp broke in half and glass shards covered the ground.

As he turned back around, her hand connected with his jaw sending his face in the other direction.

"Why yuh always a duh mi dis Delano?? Every week issa next bumboclatt gyal wa pick war wid mi and a throw shades pan social media" she pointed her hand in his face while he cupped his cheek.

"Bredda mi nuh tell yuh seh a long time link dem deh? Yuh eva a listen to weh people seh, the fuck duh yuh?" Grabbing her wrist he stopped her from hitting him again.

"Nuh tell mi fucking nothing. All your stupid ass do is lie and then gaslight and me being dumb as fuck always listen. But no fucking more"

Ignoring what she said, Del grabbed her throat bringing her towards him.

"Wi na bloodclatt leff" he tightened his grip as she tried fighting out of it. "Get that ina yuh head" he locked his eyes on her gaze

"I don't fuck with her, on my momma" he let go of her neck and wrapped his arms around her.

"stop swear pan the ooman." she pushed him away from her and walked inside her room.

Sighing Del took his phone and ordered some food for both of them. He could hear her crying and then giving her self a pep talk from her room.

Shaking his head he started to lean up the glass that was all over the floor. It wasn't like he didn't love Shawna, he did he just had trust issues from his last relationship.

Hearing a knock at the door, he looked through the peephole seeing a delivery man.

Paying for their food, he closed the door and walked in Shawna's room seeing her asleep. Placing the food on the dresser he walk over and shook her awake.

Seeing her eyes open he held up the food back to show her.

"I'm still mad" she said sitting against the headboard.

Smiling, Del took off his shirt and sat beside her as the two began eating.

~~~

Supermarket.

"May a you that" squinting her eyes Francine looked across the parking lot.

"Rass, Francine wa gwaan" she walked over to her laughing.

"mi dehya ino" she replied leaning against her car

"mhmm good to hear, how Julani" she asked  after a few seconds

"him good. cya tell when last mi talk to da boy deh ino" she replied shaking her head

"ehh, get woman now" May said laughing

"maasa, minno like eh likkle gyal doh" Francine replied rolling her eyes.

"shake mi head, who dat now" she asked invested

"one likkle goal digga gyal name Malayiah. She all have pickney" she placed her hands at her side hissing her teeth.

"Wait deh" taking out her phone, May scrolled down until she found a picture with Malayiah. Pushing the phone in Francine's face she nodddd her head.

"she same one" she said rolling her eyes.

"Listen to me Francine" May said putting her phone in her pocket "Malayiah nuh wa nothing from your son suh get yuh facts straight. Matta fact stop gwaan like yuh want yuh son and mek him live him life"

Hissing her teeth, May walked away getting in her car and pulled off.

"Den dis coulda real" she asked herself as she drove pass Francine.

_____________________________________________