35.

ONE WEEK LATER

Saturday, May 27, 2023.
12:00 p.m.
Malayiah's Salon.

"Suh yuh na talk to Julani still?" shawna asked sipping on her juice

She knew her cousin meant well, he was just stupid at times.

"kiss mi teeth, him coulda stay wid him babymada mi love" Malayiah rolled her eyes as she continued to scroll on her phone.

"A fuckry him duh fi real" Alice said making Malayiah hummed in agreement.

"doh like the dutty bo-" before she could finish her statement, Julani opened the door and walked in.

"Lata girlll" shawna dragged as she hugged her cuzn. Both her and Alice walked out leaving the two inside.

"suh yuh nuh plan fi talk to mi likkle girl" sitting on the table Julani looked down at her.

Raising her eyebrows Malayiah pointed to herself.

"Me ya talk" she asked confused

"then a who else" hissing his teeth Julani rolled his eyes.

"minno know cause fi one, minno likkle and secondly mi naffi talk to guh unless it's related to our daughter or our business"

"Bro" Julani stood from the desk walking to where she sat.

"Mia man? Doh bro mi up" rolling her eyes Malayiah went back to scrolling on her phone.

Julani went to say something but was stopped by a knock on the door. Sighing he walked over to it seeing a brown skin slimmaz.

"Hi, a you name Julani?" She asked softly with raised eyebrows.

"yea, you ammi 12:30 appointment" getting a nod from the girl he told her to give him a second.

Going over to the desk he took up the key for his tattoo section. Malayiah pulled her eyes away from her phone to watch the interaction between the two.

"Fawud" Julani told the girl walking out the office closing the door behind him.

"lift yuh shirt to the front suh it cova yuh chest and reveal yuh back" walking over to his stand, Julani grabbed everything he needed before walking back over to the girl.

"Lay dung" positioning his chair, he sat down after placing all he needed on the table.

- couple hours later -

"And I'm done" Julani said after he wiped the alcohol off his clients back.

Helping her to sit up, he excused himself to pack up back everything as she started to fix her clothes.