Heather

diary entry

monologue

text

Regulus lifted up his journal from underneath his pillar.

'Holy shit. I haven't seen this is ages' he thought to himself.

He flicked to the next blank page, letting his fingers run over the parchment.

He let his legs guide him to his desk, and his hands grab a quill, and glide over the paper.

'Dear Greg, because this ain't no diary.

I'm going to talk about James, why? Because I need to write it down if I ever want to sleep again.

I still remember third of December, me in his sweater. He said it looked better on me than it did him, only of he knew how much I liked him. But I watch his eyes as Lily walks by. What a sight for sore eyes. Brighter than the damn grass. She's got you mesmerised while I die. Because why would he ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. You gave her his sweater, it's just polyester, but he likes her better.

I wish I were Lily.

Watch as she stands with you holding her hand. Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder. But how could I hate her? She's such an angel. But then again, kinda wish she were dead, as she walks by.

Why would James ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty as Lily.

I wish I were Lily.

Signed, RAB.

Regulus felt water slip down his cheek.

But this felt good, he needed to do that.

Because if he didn't, it would only make him feel worse.

He closed the journal once more, and crept onto the floor. He sat against his bed frame, bringing his knees to his chest, letting himself cry in his knees. Sobs racked his body.

What felt like hours later, he used his hands and stood up, trembling and wobbling. He walked over to the mirror, watching his reflection.

He noticed the bags carved under his eyes, his ribs being more present, and his skin paler.

The sight only made him want to cry more.

He rinsed his hands under the hot water. Before soaking his face in the warmth, letting it relax his muscles.

He pat down his face, and grabbed his phone.

James

five new notifications

As much as he knew he shouldn't open, he couldn't bring himself to not open it.

He clicked on it.

James

Hey Reg!

Guess what?

idc what you said, imma tell you anyway

Me and Lils are getting married

I'm so happy right now

Regulus

You finally convinced her!

Wow

In all seriousness, so happy for y'all

Regulus felt like crying again.

His bottom lip trembled, and his knees buckled.

He exited the bathroom, and left through the front door, shutting in behind him.

No matter how many people said he was dumb, he knew how to stop himself from crying.

He got lash extensions.

***

If you don't get the last bit

You can't get your lashes for 24- 48 hours after getting lash extensions

Which means no crying

Sorry for the shorter chapter

Needed to get something out

And had medical appointments all afternoon

Words: 477