Chapter 104

Pete drove the jeep down a darkened alleyway, and turned off the headlights just in time to avoid Dirk's men.

"What are we going to do now?" Logan asked from the backseat.

"We need to meet the others. Have they heard anything from Aaron?"

"Kaia was keeping tabs with him. I haven't been in touch since a few hours ago."

A frustrated grunt left Kyle's mouth at the thought of not being at Aaron's side. Pete idled a few minutes to make sure that Dirk's men weren't waiting for them.

"Come on, we'll meet up with Harold and I'll try to get Aaron's location."

Pete cautiously drove from the jeep from their hidden spot, heading in the opposite direction. The drive took an hour before they finally arrived at Harold's safe house. This is the third time they were managed to escape Dirk's men. Will they always be fortunate?

Pete drove to a secured iron gate and entered a code, before the gate swung inward. The vehicle came to a stop and they got out the jeep. Kyle grabbed both their bags just as the front door swung open and Kaia stood there staring at them.

"Have you heard from Aaron?" He asked when they were inside the house.

"I'm good. Thanks for asking." Kaia said sarcastically.

Kyle rolled his eyes. He wasn't in the mood. "Did you spoke with him or not?"

"He's not alone. Kevin is with him."

Jealousy coiled in his stomach at the thought of Aaron being alone with Kevin. Although Kevin had never given any indication that he felt anything other than brotherly love towards Aaron. Kyle still didn't like it.

"Why is Kevin with him and not someone else?"

"Harold gave the order." She said with a shrug. "I wasn't going to object."

"Okay, I get it." He turned to Logan with a small smile. "Pete will take you to your room. Take a shower then come down to get some food."

Logan's gaze flitted between him and Kaia but he just nodded his head and followed Pete upstairs.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Kaia asked when they were alone.

"Why isn't Harold here with you?"

"He got held up." Kaia looked up at where Logan had disappeared. "We found the owner of the diner."

A slight frown found its way onto his face. "When did you find her?"

"That's the one thing Harold hadn't told me."

They were looking everywhere for this woman and she suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"I don't like this." Kyle sat down and clasped both hands on his knees. "I need to talk to Harold. How is it possible that she showed up out of the blue after being missing for a whole month."

"Do you think Dirk had this all planned out?"

Kyle turned his in her direction, his gaze steady. "I don't think Howard told us everything."

"I can contact the facility and set a time to see Howard. We need to get all our eggs in one basket."

They decided to put the conversation on hold and wait for Harold. An hour later, Kyle heard a car driving through the gate. He got up and pushed the curtain aside, watching as Harold's vehicle drove up the driveway.

Kyle gripped the curtain while holding his gun behind his back. Even as Harold exited the vehicle, he still remained at the window. Only when Harold stepped on the porch did he moved toward the door.

"How is Logan doing?" Harold asked when he entered the house.

"He's fine."

"That's good."

"What did you find out?"

"After Brett dropped out from the academy, no one has been able to find him. He completely went off grid."

"What about his parents? Relatives?"

"My friend at the academy did some digging for me. But first, I need to show you something."

"What?"

Harold unzipped the bag and took out both a laptop and a flash drive then handed both over to him.

Kyle glanced up at Harold. "What's on the flash drive?"

With a dip in his stomach, Kyle inserted the drive into the laptop. For no reason he could fathom, he suddenly felt his nerves zigzag through his body. When he clicked on the first folder, a video popped up. His whole body froze instantly in shock.

He wanted to look away but his eyes refused his command. As he clicked on each folder, white hot anger coursed through him.

"That fucker actually had his friends taped the sexual assault."

"One of them has a tattoo on his lower back."

Kyle enlarge the video to take a closer look. It was a skull and bones tattoo. "Even with the tattoo it would still be impossible to identify this guy."

"The tattoo has a specific style. My friend remembered one of his students with that tattoo."

"Who was it?"

"Pawel Joseph. He was one of Brett's roommate."

Kyle cursed at the name. He had seen Pawel hanging out with Aaron. The guy barely spoke to him during their time at the academy.

"He used to hang around Aaron. I thought they were friends."

"Maybe he wanted to be more than friends."

"Aaron had always attracted more attention than he wanted. Males and females wanted to be his partners but he turned them down. He wasn't comfortable being with anyone else but me."

"So, now we can identify two of the four participants."

"We need to find Pawel."