Chapter 159

Justin stared out the window at lights below as the plane started its descent.

"There's no going back now." Justin warned his right-hand man.

"How are we going to do this?"

He glanced over at Hank. "I need to get Aaron alone so I can talk to him."

"If you hadn't kidnapped him, there wouldn't have been so many misunderstandings."

Justin shrugged, "It doesn't matter to me. They would still believe I'm a dangerous person."

"What are you going to tell him?"

"The truth. Roger Langston was working for Stephen."

"You're lucky we have evidence to support your claim."

"We're about to land. Are you sure that you don't want to change your mind?"

The private plane taxied down the runway before coming to a stop.

"It's too late."

The pilot came out the cockpit and walked over to them.

"I'll have to refuel. How long should I wait?"

"Probably a couple of days." Justin informed him.

"I'm on number one. I'll be ready whenever you are."

Justin picked up his bag. "Okay, I'll see you in a few days."

He exited the plane with Hank following closely behind him. The ordinary Hatchback he rented was waiting at the gate. It was better to blend in using a plain vehicle.

"We're staying at a guesthouse?"

"Yeah...we have to keep a low profile."

Hank placed their bags in the trunk except for the carry-ons in their hands. He placed the bags on the backseat, then jumped in the driver's seat.

"Do you want to visit your father?"

Justin's hands fisted at the mention of his father. Unfortunately to gather the necessary information, he would need to visit his father's old address.

"Not right now. We need to see one of my father's old friends."

"Do you think he knows Stephen's location?"

"Honestly, I don't think he knows anything."

"Was Stephen similar to your father?"

"Stephen was more unhinged than he was and that seemed to feed his madness."

During the drive to the motel, they discussing their course of action.

The motel they were staying in was a three hour drive from Aaron's second apartment. Hank pulled into the parking lot and they quickly brought their luggages to the room.

To not draw attention to themselves he had made the reservation under a fake name.

While Hank inspect the room, Justin pulled the curtains closed and dialed a number.

"I'm here."

"I was able to thwart air traffic control from mentioning your incoming flight."

"Thanks, again. I owe you one."

"No problem."

Justin hung up the phone just as Hank exited the bathroom.

"Everything is clear. Where do you want to setup?"

"Not here. I have a place in mind."

"I'm going to get us some food. Don't leave the motel without me."

Justin rolled his eyes. "You work for me...not the other way around."

"Yeah...well."

"I won't go anywhere. For this to work I'll need your help."

"I'lll be back in a few minutes."

Justin flung his suitcase on the bed and opened it to grab a clean set of clothes before going to take a shower. When he emerged from the bathroom, he grabbed his laptop and the letter from his bag.

Ten minutes later, Hank returned with three takeout bags. He clicked the security chain in place then proceeded in the room.

"I guess your friend at ATC is a loyal person. We're off the radar."

"For now."

Hank handed him one of the bags before taking a seat. "What were you doing?"

"I've been thinking about a way to approach Aaron without being killed."

Justin closed his laptop in frustration before turning on the television. He switched the channels until he found a channel broadcasting news about shooting in an apartment building.

"We can visit him at his apartment tomorrow." Hank suggested.

It was risky but they had to get this done.

"I've been studying the texture of the paper. It looks familiar."

"Do you want me to find out where that paper came from?"

"How are you going to get that information?"

"It shouldn't be hard to do. It'll just take some time."

"Okay...do that. If you can find out the texture, we'll probably be able to find out where it was sold."

Justin picked up the letter, rubbing the paper between his fingers, feeling the texture.

Why did it seemed familiar?

"Those men that were killed.."

"They deserved to die. But Aaron left three of them alive."

"How do you know it was Aaron and not Theo?"

"They described him to me."

"Why did he left them alive?"

"Aaron is very observant. Those men he killed weren't working for me."

Hank stared at him with confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"I found out they were hired by a competitor to infiltrate my business and kill me."

"Why keep them alive if you knew their true motives?"

"To get leverage."

"Aaron basically got rid of them for you. How did you know he would kill the right men?"

"I told him and he memorized their faces and their behaviors. I just didn't expected him to escape using that information." Justin laughed with wry amusement.

"He's a smart kid."

"Hank...he's hardly a kid."

"You're older than him."

"Just by four years."

"Still older." Hank laughed, as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"You should talk...old man."

Hank glared at him. "Don't think I won't make you regret that."

Justin stuck out his tongue at Hank, knowing that his threat wasn't really serious.