Chapter 3

Music blasted from every corner of the Beta House, as if its sole purpose was to raise the number of deaf people. Disco lights hanged from the ceiling, throwing lights in random directions.

  Logan entered the Beta House and made his way to the kitchen. Since he wasn't planning on drinking, he got himself a soda.

  A slight movement from his right which caught his attention. He turned his head and saw a beautiful girl, standing there, watching him.

"Do you always stare at random strangers?"

"Why are you staying alone in this corner?" She asked moving a tad closer to him.

"I don't know anyone here."

"I'm Kaia." She held out her hand for him to shake.

"Logan. Nice to meet you." He shook her hand.

"Now, you know someone." She smiled at him, taking his hand and pulling him towards the dance floor.

He didn't protest, just allowed her to lead him to the middle of the room to the dance floor.

He didn't mind as long as she didn't try anything. Wanting to relax himself, he danced along with her.

Danced until his body begged for refreshment. 

"I'm going to get a drink. Would you like anything?"

"I'll go with you." She took his hand again and led him to the kitchen where it wasn't as noisy, so they could talk. "What would you like to drink?"

"Water for me please. I don't drink."

"Nothing wrong with that." She gave him a bottled water from the refrigerator.

"What are you drinking?" He pointed to the cup in her hand.

"Rum and coke."

"Cool."

"Why are you hiding your face?" she asked taking a sip of her beer, her head tilted to the side as her eyes studied his face.

"Trying not to draw attention to myself."

 "Why?" She asked with a curious look on her face.

  He didn't know what to tell her so he just shrugged his shoulders. He tried to avert his face when his hoodie was pulled off his head.

  She leaned closer. "You're eyes are beautiful."

"I blame my mom for that." 

 "I can tell we're going to be great friends. Come on, I want to introduce you to a friend of mine."

"Why? You just met me."

"Kindred spirit."

"What?"

"There's something about you that tells me you need this."

  She led him back through the living-room towards a door leading to the back yard, where four college students were talking and laughing with each other.

"Hey, Aaron. I want you to meet a friend of mine."

  Logan stared at the guy that turned around to face them and almost swallowed his tongue. The guy was absolutely gorgeous.

"Logan this is my friend Aaron."

  Aaron walked up to them with a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you Logan. Any friend of Kaia is a friend of mine."

  His pulse jumped at the sound of his husky voice and he could actually hear his heart beating beneath his chest. He wondered if they could hear it as well.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

  Golden eyes scanned his body up and down, before lingering on his face. Turning his head away from him, Logan glanced at Kaia only to find her staring at him with a slight smug look on her face. Logan rolled his eyes at her.

  Loud music could still be heard coming from the inside, along with cheers. Its been a while since he could actually go anywhere and enjoy himself. He opened his mouth to ask her if she wanted to go back inside but a hand on his shoulder silenced him. 

"Do you want to dance?"

He turned to find Aaron staring at him, his hand still on his shoulder.

The heat from his fingers seeped through his hoodie to the skin, making him flush. This was the first time anything like this has ever happened to him.

  There was something about Aaron that made him feel that trying something out of his comfort zone wouldn't be so bad.

  Giving him a nod, they made our way back inside, Aaron's hand never left his shoulder.

  At first he was hesitant as Aaron placed his hands on his hips, swaying to the music. But as the music played on Logan felt himself letting go.

"I'm really glad I decided to come to this party." Aaron whispered close to his ear.

"Did you get an invitation also?"

"I did get one. I wasn't going to come, but Kaia convinced me."

  Aaron smiled at him and his tongue actually stuck to the roof of his  mouth.

"It's a good thing I changed my mind."

"Are you flirting with me?" Logan asked when he finally managed to talk.

  Aaron leaned closer to him, his lips touching his ear. "Do you want me to flirt with you?"

"Ahh..." Logan wasn't use to this type of flirting.

"So, how do you know Kaia?" Aaron chuckled at him before pulling away, giving him room to breathe since the oxygen had been sucked from him.

"I just met her. She's a really headstrong person."

"Stubborn is more like it."

  Logan found that he didn't mind getting to know someone with a personality like that.

  Emma and Kaia would get along great. He smiled just thinking about the two of them meeting each other. 

"She reminds me of someone."

"Really? Is that person stubborn as her?"

"Oh, they're exactly similar."

"Sounds like trouble."

  Logan laughed. "I guess it would be."

"Who are you guys talking about?"

  They both turned to stare at Kaia, standing with her hands on her hips, looking back and forth between them.