Chapter 122

"I never thought the day would come when I would see you visit me."

  Harold stared at Arthur with a stoic expression. "I'm only here for one reason. If it wasn't an emergency, I wouldn't waste my time coming here to see your face."

"I don't have anything to say to you."

  Arthur pushed the chair back and got up to leave but Harold slammed his hands down.

"Sit your ass down, now!"

  Arthur's head swirled around, shock written on his face. Harold returned the stare with hardened eyes. He wasn't here for social niceties.

"What makes you think I'm going to listen to you?"

"I'm not warning you again."

  Arthur glared at him as he sat back down. Harold could care less about his feelings. Aaron was all that mattered.

"Look, I haven't done anything..."

"I don't care. Aaron has been kidnapped."

"What do you mean? Kidnapped by who?"

"I think you know very well who has him."

  Arthur's eyes flashed. "That son of a bitch. He actually had the balls to kidnap my son."

"Aaron is not your son."

"He's still my son. No judge or adoption can change that."

  Harold gritted his teeth at the man's smug look. "I'm not going to argue with you about this useless subject. I know you still have Intel on everyone that you were associated with years ago. I want every information you have on George Boyd."

"Why should I help you?"

  Harold leaned forward, "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. I can make your life a living hell. A transfer to the wrong prison, with the right inmates."

  A sickly pallor overspread Arthur's face, and he trembled like an aspen.

  Harold just watched him with mock amusement. Arthur was a sheep in wolf's clothing. He had found pleasure in abusing. He wasn't a human and didn't deserve to be treated as one.

"I... I haven't... I kept those in a security box."

  Harold beckoned the prison officer to his side. He pulled a paper from his pocket and handed it to him. No words were exchanged. 

  The prison officer took the paper then left.

"I'm going to need your password."

  Harold wrote down the numbers that were given to him then looked up at Arthur.

"Don't try to play smart. If any of these numbers are wrong, I'll be back with that transfer paper." Harold warned Arthur.

  He got up and left him sitting there, staring at his retreating back.

  Outside, he dialed Tim's number as he headed to his car.

"He has a safe deposit box."

"At which bank?"

  Harold quickly told him the name of the bank. "Do you want to meet me there?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you there."

"Are you alone?"

"Pamela is on a call. She won't be able to come with me."

  Harold didn't ask what kind of call she was on. The Poole's weren't criminals but neither were they saints. They were on the grey line between legal and illegal.

"I'll see you in twenty minutes."

  He ended the call and went straight to the driver's side of his vehicle.

  Following the short drive, Harold parked his vehicle in front of the bank. He spotted Tim's SUV and exited the vehicle.

  Tim looked up at the building. "I'm surprised he's still a member."

"Why?"

"The owner doesn't condone criminals."

  They entered the building, and made their way across to the reception desk. Harold pulled out his badge and showed it to the receptionist.

"I would like to speak to your manager."

"One moment please, Sir."

  Harold noticed Tim tapped his fingers twice on the surface of the counter.

  He twisted his body slightly to look over his shoulder. Three guys dressed in black walking their way.

"I think that the manager is trying to send a message."

"How do you want to do this?" Tim asked in a low voice.

"They don't know who you are, do they?"

"No, I think they're new guards."

They both turned to face the guards with a smile on their faces.

"How can I help you?"

  Harold showed his badge to the guards. "I'm here on official business."

"The manager is busy at the moment."

"I don't care. We need to see him right now."

  Tim stepped towards the guard in the middle. He leaned forward and whispered something in his ear.

  The guy's eyes locked onto his for a second then at Harold. He held up two fingers in a let's go gesture and turned to leave. The other two followed silently.

"I thought we'd teach them a lesson."

  Tim smiled at him. "No bloodshed for now."

  The phone on the desk rang and the receptionist answered the call. After listening for a while she hung up the phone, then looked at them with a forced smile.

"The manager will see you now."

  After the receptionist gave them the floor number, they made their way upstairs. Harold knocked twice on the door.

  The door opened a few seconds later, and a short man wearing glasses opened the door. His face broke into a wide smile.

"I'm Mr. Malone, the manager."

"Is that how you normally treat people?" Harold asked.

"I'm sorry about that. You can never be too careful." Mr. Malone stepped back from the door and gestured for them to enter his office.

  Harold entered the room first and his eyes quickly scanned the room.

"This is a very nice office."

"Thanks. My decorator has great taste." Mr. Malone took a seat at his desk. "How can I help you?"

"We're here to open a safety deposit box."

"Do you have an account here?"

"This is police business. I'm not here to open an account."

  Harold pulled the paper from his pocket and slid it across the desk.

"I need to see the contents of this safe deposit box."

  Mr. Malone glanced down at the paper, then returned his gaze to him.

"How did you get this?"

"You don't need to know the details. I just want you to show me where it is."

"I might have to call..."

"There's no need." Tim dismissed his words. "The owner of this deposit box already gave us permission."