Chapter 97

"I just mean well." Rong Ziping looked at Lin Hanchuan in confusion, and even looked at Lin Hanchuan angrily, "I didn't expect you to be such a cold and heartless person. How pitiful these children are. How can you turn a blind eye and do nothing to save them."

This was the case in his previous life. Rong Ziping was soft-hearted. Every time he entered the city gate, he always wanted to give something to these poor people, but Lin Hanchuan stopped him every time.

It was also because of this that no matter how kind Tu Ji was to him, he could not open his heart to accept such a hard-hearted man.

"Good intentions in the last days are disasters for those without strength." Lin Hanchuan did not look at Rong Ziping, but at the survivors who were blocked outside.

"You're quibbling!" Rong Ziping only thought that this was Lin Hanchuan's excuse and didn't believe it at all. "It's obviously you who has no sympathy."

The implication is that he is compassionate and he is the kind and just one. .

Hopeless. Lin Hanchuan didn't want to care about him at all. If he wasn't worried about something happening to these children, he wouldn't even look at Rong Ziping.

Looking around, Lin Hanchuan motioned Rong Ziping to look in one direction: "If you give them food, this will be their fate." I

saw that some people in the team behind were also soft-hearted and gave each of the children a small bun. This was supposed to be the end of the world. It was the most inconspicuous snack at first, but as soon as these children got it in their hands, people immediately came forward to fight for it.

Some children refused to let go, but were punched one after another by adults to make them let go; there were also smart children who immediately tore open the package and swallowed it into their mouths, but there were still people who greedily grabbed their mouths and buttoned them. Mouth full of blood.

After learning that someone was distributing food, more and more survivors gathered there, and there was a vague trend of robbery. It was only after the escort team passed by that they stopped the incident from happening.

The faces of everyone who witnessed this incident turned pale, and they no longer dared to look down upon these seemingly pitiful survivors.

Under Tu Ji's stop, Rong Ziping had never seen such a scene. In these two lives, except for being betrayed by his childhood sweetheart before his death, he had always been well protected. Even if there were any cruel scenes, Tu Ji would be blinded. Cover his eyes so he doesn't see.

This is the first time that he faces the human nature in the end of the world nakedly.

"How could this happen..." Rong Ziping murmured, his face full of disbelief.

Others in the team also looked shocked. They had never seen so many survivors, especially these survivors who had arrived at the gate of the imperial capital, but were locked outside, fighting to the death for a bite to eat.

"Why can't they go in..." Lu Mao couldn't help but murmured.

The guards maintaining order heard his question and said with a smile: "Everyone must pay enough supplies when entering the city. They need supplies for food and clothing after entering the city. They have no supplies and do not have the strength to fight zombies. Even if Once they enter the city, they will be driven out soon."

"It's good to be able to let them survive here. We are still patrolling around the imperial capital. At least there are no zombies nearby, so they are safe." Another guard member also said.

Their tone was so matter-of-fact that it shocked Lu Mao: "But didn't our soldiers say that they would not give up any life..."

"What kind of army." The man suppressed the small disturbance and All the people who came to beg were driven away, "Where is the army now? A few families are maintaining the peace of the imperial capital. I am a member of the Rong family." As he said that, the

guard members puffed up their chests and showed off their chests. Before leaving, he said again: "These people will not live long in the end of the world. Giving them food is still a waste and will cause riots. Don't give it to them in the future."

Lin Hanchuan felt soft in his heart . He sighed: "In the last days, everyone is in danger. Only when you can save your own life can you help others if you have the spare strength." The

escort left, and Lin Hanchuan and his party also walked to the inspection station at the entrance of the imperial capital.

Everyone listened to the instructions of the staff in confusion. When everyone arrived in the imperial capital, they found that the place seemed different from what they imagined, and they were greatly shocked.

He took off his clothes to check if there were any bite wounds from zombies, and took a drop of blood to detect the zombie virus in his body.

Cheng Jizhou stared with wide eyes. There were no wounds on his body, but the zombie virus in his body was so thick that it would cause an alarm. Even if blood was drawn, the blood in his body would have stopped flowing and no fresh blood could be drawn out.

There were many people around and Cheng Jizhou rolled his eyes slightly. Taking advantage of his small age, Cheng Jizhou secretly took away the blood sample that Lu Mao had not had time to write his name on and handed it to one of the staff: "Uncle, another uncle whipped me. I haven't written the name yet."

Seeing such a cute child, the staff member's numb expression softened: "Leave it to uncle, he will write it for you."

On the other side, Lu Mao twitched in a daze. Blood, he was suddenly stopped again: "You haven't drawn blood yet, come back and sit down."

Lu Mao: "???"

He went back to sit down in a daze, and drew blood again. He looked at the two on his arm. Eye of needle, confused: Does this test require two blood draws? ? ?

Lin Hanchuan didn't notice Cheng Jizhou's small movements. He was inquiring about the specific situation of the imperial capital. After stuffing two pieces of bread, the other party quickly started talking.

There were too many people in the Imperial Capital, and the situation was at its worst when the epidemic broke out. Countless soldiers went on and on to clean up, and it took a whole month to barely stabilize the situation in the Imperial Capital.

The epidemic prevention department also quickly developed a drug that can detect the activity of the virus. Once the activity of the virus exceeds a certain value, there is a risk of turning into a zombie and needs to be cleaned up in advance.

This battle severely damaged the military's vitality.

Just when the situation was about to stabilize, major families suddenly began to recruit talents, in the name of reducing the burden on the country and voluntarily protecting the people. They formed a guard team and voluntarily 'served the people'.

Knowing that these aristocratic families have evil intentions, the government departments, which are severely weakened, can only suffer the loss of dumbness and can only reluctantly control all core departments in their own hands.

"Now Zhao Rong, Xie, Chen and Yang are the most popular..." Speaking of these things, the staff also sighed, "If things continue like this, we will be like foreign countries, where capitalists control the government. "

No one wants to see this result, but there is nothing anyone can do.

Lin Hanchuan was thoughtful and stuffed another bag of candies to the staff as a thank you.

Food in the apocalypse is a precious commodity, and the more it can fill your stomach, the better, but candy, a high-calorie yet delicious food, is more palatable. The staff carefully put the candy into his pocket, pressed the pocket, and smiled brightly.

After learning about the situation in the imperial capital, Lin Hanchuan handed over the task of arranging accommodation to the logistics director Wei Zheng, and took Lu Mao directly to the place where the army was stationed.

The door of the old house still had a piece of paper saying "This is an important military site, no one is allowed to enter." The people coming and going around turned a blind eye, except for the two soldiers standing at the door, their uniforms straight and standing straight.

"We are superpowers." Lin Hanchuan walked straight in and said directly to the soldier standing guard at the door, "Come and join the volunteer army."

Superpowers! The two people's eyes lit up, and one of them immediately brought Lin Hanchuan and Lu Mao in: "Please come in."

Perhaps due to military regulations, he didn't say anything along the way, even though Lu Mao chirped and asked a lot of questions. , this man remained silent to the end, and still maintained the basic qualities of a soldier in the apocalypse.

After the two were brought to a person, the person standing guard saluted and left.

"I heard that you are people with superpowers?" The person talking to Lin Hanchuan was a middle-aged man in his thirties or forties. He had dark skin and a scar that had just healed and was still pink on his face. He looked both Horrible and funny.

Lin Hanchuan directly condensed a thunder ball in his palm. Lu Mao followed suit and also created a flame in his palm.

"Not bad." The scar-faced man's eyes lit up. He didn't have any superpowers, but he could feel that compared to his soldiers with superpowers, these two had stronger control, and what they condensed gave him a sense of threat. He was also bigger, "You also know that the conditions we provide are not as good as those of those families. Why did you choose to join the volunteer army?" The

scar-faced man wanted to pull these two people into the team immediately, but he still had to ask one more question .

The situation in the imperial capital seems to be stable now, but in fact there are undercurrents. Not to mention the fight between the military and those families, the aristocratic families themselves are also secretly targeting each other. The end of the world is coming, and everyone wants to be the first in this new era. Everyone wants to be the first in this new era. Allow yourself to gain greater benefits.

Anyone with a discerning eye can see that after the end of the world comes, all the legal provisions before the end of the world will become useless paper. Only strength is the most important. In order to compete for powerful superpowers, those families have given unprecedented good conditions. Constantly comparing themselves to each other.

The army that had tried its best to suppress the zombies in the imperial capital was far inferior to them in strength. They watched helplessly as one person with powers was snatched away one after another, furious but unable to do anything.

"I have a grudge against the Rong family." Lin Hanchuan spoke concisely. "The condition for me to join the Volunteer Army is that I have a group of subordinates who must be with me." "You

want us to help you avenge you?" The scar-faced man frowned.

"No, I will take care of the Rong family myself. My only request is to arrange my subordinates well." Lin Hanchuan had no intention of taking advantage of the situation. What's more, the aristocratic families have formed an alliance on the surface and the momentum is just right. Even the military has to Three points of retreat.

"Then why didn't you go to other families and choose the volunteer army?" The scar-faced man was really curious. He looked at Lin Hanchuan and then looked at Lu Mao, who was following Lin Hanchuan's lead and was as quiet as a chicken at the moment. "Just the two of you." A person with special abilities will get the best treatment wherever he goes."

Lin Hanchuan smiled. This was the first time the scar-faced man saw him smile. He said, "I just don't want the capitalists to control this country."

For the sake of the city For the survivors outside, but also for the countless ordinary people who cannot be seen.

No capitalist who puts profits first will sincerely consider ordinary people, except for the country.