Chapter 134

Gu Shi was born in a humble background and never went to school. But precisely because of his birth, he seemed to be particularly good at dealing with people and had an almost keen intuition about other people.

He seems to be born knowing how to find a person's vulnerability and exploit it.

Lin Hanchuan felt sorry for Gu Shi's experiences over the years, and because the young emperor Zhao Yuan was not going to die soon, he wanted Gu Shi to be the emperor. But deep down in his heart, Lin Hanchuan also doubted whether he was doing the right thing.

Is it good for Gu Shi to push an illiterate gangster to the throne for his own sake? Will he? Can he bear this burden?

Lin Hanchuan acquiesced to Su Congyu's strict education of Gu Shi, but even though he was strict, he couldn't help but feel distressed.

You want to make up for it, but you don't know whether what you give is what the other person needs; you want the other person to be happy, but you are worried that your behavior will make the other person unhappy. Lin Hanchuan had always acted vigorously and resolutely, but only with this person did he feel hesitant.

But now it seems that even if Gu Shi's knowledge is not high, his ability to recognize and employ people will make him an emperor.

After all... the person in charge of a company does not need to have a high degree of education, he only needs to make good use of his talents.

"Your Highness..." Gu Shi looked at Lin Hanchuan blankly, his eyes a little dazed.

Lin Hanchuan put away the smile on his face and said, "Ah Shi, you are better than I thought."

He underestimated Gu Shi.

Gu Shi didn't know why he was suddenly praised. He lowered his head shyly, then quickly looked up at Lin Hanchuan: "I can't compare to the prince, the prince is the best."

Lin Hanchuan only thought it was a rainbow fart. , not taking it to heart, he took Gu Shi back to the palace. On the way, he asked Gu Shi a little about his discoveries and gains during this period.

The harvest turned out to be greater than Lin Hanchuan imagined. He even learned the secrets of their family from the mouth of a loose-spoken playboy.

These dandy boys are usually looked down upon by others, and people with a little bit of ambition don't take them seriously, but they are the descendants of people in the officialdom. Under the influence, their fathers will always be lax about the closest family members. No matter how tense your nerves are, it's impossible to remain tense at home, they will always leak something out.

Gu Shi extracted all these words, picked out the useful points, and organized them into a network of relationships in his mind.

After listening to everything Gu Shi said, the two happened to walk into the gate of the Prince Regent's Mansion. He sighed with emotion: "There are secrets hidden behind everyone."

Lin Hanchuan believed it deeply. He looked around and saw that he was very discerning. The servants quickly left. Lin Hanchuan looked at Gu Shi and asked slowly: "Ah Shi, the little emperor is critically ill now. He can't last long in this condition. When do you want to recognize your ancestor and return to the clan?

" Return to the clan! Gu Shi's eyes lit up slightly, then dimmed again.

Lin Hanchuan was a little confused: "Aren't you happy that you can recognize me?"

Am I unhappy? Gu Shi's pupils were dilated and he was thinking empty-handedly.

In the past, Gu Shi would naturally be happy. He wished he had a powerful father who could help him drive away the naughty children around him and find food for him so that he would not starve.

But after Lin Hanchuan appeared, Gu Shi discovered that the best father he imagined was not as good as Lin Hanchuan.

Gu Shi became a little unwilling. He seemed to not only want the identity of a father and son, but he also urgently wanted the position of standing beside the other party legitimately.

Two thoughts were fighting in my mind, with no winner or loser.

There were no servants around. Lin Hanchuan touched Gu Shi's head and said earnestly: "In two days, I will bring you to others. Don't be afraid. I will take care of everything."

Gu Shi nodded silently. He didn't speak.

Lin Hanchuan was unaware of Gu Shi's thoughts. He breathed a long sigh of relief as if he finally understood something important.

Gu Shi was left looking at him blankly.

Lin Hanchuan smiled and touched Gu Shi's head affectionately: "Mr. Su will teach you some etiquette then, go and learn it." After

that, Lin Hanchuan said a lot more, but Gu Shi listened as if After hearing the clouds and smoke, he could only hear a vague sound, and a little awkward joy and sourness suddenly arose in his heart.

Now that the decision had been made, Lin Hanchuan quickly took action.

Within a few days, some rumors began to spread in the capital, claiming that the late Emperor Zhao Jun had a bloodline left among the people. The regent found this prince who was left behind among the people and planned to bring him to the public at the Mid-Autumn Festival banquet in a few days.

As time goes by, these rumors are spreading more and more widely, and they are becoming more and more convincing. They seem to be true. The people who were originally doubtful also believed it, and they plan to wait for the Mid-Autumn Festival Banquet. Let's see what happens on that day.

Of course Gu Shi also heard these messages, but he didn't pay much attention to them. He was even a little surprised as to who the legendary prince was. He had lived in the Regent's Palace for so long and why he had never met him before.

"Brother Gu, you know the regent, do you know that prince really exists?" A dandy looked at Gu Shi curiously and asked.

Gu Shi has not been in a good mood these days, and his words are lukewarm: "I don't know." "

Brother Gu, are you... the prince?" Another person asked cautiously.

Gu Shi narrowed his eyes and said with an unhappy face: "It's not me."

Outsiders don't know, doesn't Gu Shi know yet? He is the regent's child and was brought back to the palace by the regent himself. It's not some inexplicable origin of unknown origin. The prince.

"I just said, Brother Gu doesn't look like a prince." After getting the affirmative answer, these dandy boys finally felt relieved, "If you were a prince, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to come out and play so casually."

Gu Shi thought for a moment and shook his head. He shook his head with a look of despair in his eyes: "It's a pity that I'm not." "

Brother Gu, don't be angry. Although you are not a prince, it is better not to be a prince. Look at those ancient princes, which one has a good end." "

If you want me , He said, "Prince or something, maybe it's just a rumor, and you can't always believe the rumors."

The people around him tried to comfort Gu Shi, who was not in a good mood, and they all tried their best to comfort him.

In a blink of an eye, the day of the Mid-Autumn Festival feast came.

Ordinary people's Mid-Autumn Festival is nothing more than spending time with their families, eating several moon cakes, looking at the full moon, and enjoying the warm time with their families; while the royal Mid-Autumn Festival banquet has become a symbol.

The royal family holds a Mid-Autumn Festival banquet in the palace, and only ministers of a certain rank or above are eligible to bring their wives and legitimate children to attend, which is known as the harmony between monarch and ministers.

When the late Emperor Zhao Jun was alive, he was most impatient with such red tape. Every time he only showed up once, he would leave immediately. He would also kidnap his Major General Qi Changfeng, leaving the entire banquet to the Queen and the Crown Prince.

This time at the Mid-Autumn Festival banquet, the Empress Dowager was thrown into the cold palace because of her involvement in poisoning the emperor. Lin Hanchuan took charge of organizing the banquet.

Too many things have happened this year, and everyone in the court is in danger. Due to the elimination of many powerful families, there are many fewer people attending the banquet than in previous years, but Lin Hanchuan does not take it seriously. This kind of banquet is not so much a banquet. , it's more of a symbolic meaning.

Just like corporate reunions in the modern world.

Lin Hanchuan woke Gu Shi up early in the morning and asked him to put on a unique black dress. The black clothes were noble and restrained, suppressing the remaining frivolity in Gu Shi.

Lin Hanchuan was very satisfied with this outfit, but Su Congyu felt that the black color in this life was too deep and depressing, and he was not satisfied.

Lin Hanchuan directly ignored Su Congyu's opinion and looked at Gu Shi with a smile: "Yes, handsome and upright, with a dragon and a phoenix."

Being praised so much that his ears turned red, Gu Shi pursed his lips shyly. He knew that he was the regent today. On the day when Wang revealed his identity, he tossed and turned for a long time without sleeping last night. As a result, he overslept this morning and his eyes were still slightly green and black.

Gu Shi looked at himself in the mirror. No matter how he looked at it, he felt dissatisfied. His figure was still too thin, his spirit was a little depressed, and even his hair was not energetic enough... The more he

looked at it, the more nervous Gu Shi became.

"Don't be afraid." Lin Hanchuan gently held Gu Shi's hand. This was the first time he had made such an intimate gesture to Gu Shi since he came to this world.

Gu Shipiao's wandering heart calmed down, and he forced a smile: "I'm not afraid." There

was a sticky cold sweat between the two palms, but Lin Hanchuan did not break it: "Well, you are not afraid."

Gu Shi turned around to hide it. It went too far, leaving only a gradually reddened ear.

It only took half an hour to get from the Prince Regent's Palace to the Imperial Palace. The moment he walked into the Imperial Palace, Lin Hanchuan's gentle eyes were completely cold. He led the young man behind him and walked step by step towards the Mid-Autumn Festival that he had personally arranged. feast.

It was the first time for Gu Shi to participate in such a banquet. His heart was beating like thunder. He imitated Lin Hanchuan's posture, raising his head and chest, and not squinting.

"The Regent is late." A weak voice at the top said with a smile, "It's a family banquet now. The Regent should not take his status seriously. If he is so late, he should be punished with three drinks."

Everyone around him also laughed. When he laughed, the atmosphere seemed very harmonious, but Gu Shi could feel that there was something strange hidden under these smiles, and there were countless burning or appraising eyes on him.

Gu Shi was made uncomfortable by the sight. He suddenly raised his head and looked at the person who had spoken in the first place.

The young man was sitting at the top. He was also wearing black clothes, but they were much more exquisite and gorgeous than those worn by Gu Shi. He looked quite powerful, but the young man's face was extremely pale. Even from such a distance, Gu Shi could see. He noticed the other person's sunken cheeks and the craggy fingers holding the wine glass.

Anyone who sees this skeleton-like young man will be frightened.

"We have known each other for such a long time, but I have never heard that the regent already has a legitimate son." Zhao Yuan did not drink. He looked at Gu Shi coldly, with the corners of his mouth slightly raised, half-smiling.