Chapter 128

The guard reported everything he saw and heard to the young emperor.

After the guard finished speaking, Zhao Yuan did not move for a long time. He sat in front of the huge desk, as if he was still sitting in the imperial study room. He held a pen in his hand, and the ink condensed on the tip of the pen, hanging down.

"Do you think that boy... is really similar to me?" Zhao Yuan asked with a calm expression.

The guard quickly knelt on the ground and said in one breath: "That's true. That young man is about sixteen or seventeen years old. His appearance... is naturally not as handsome as His Majesty's. There are only a few similarities."

The drop of ink finally followed. The pen tip fell down, leaving an ugly ink mark on the Buddhist scriptures transcribed by Zhao Yuan.

Putting the pen back on the washer, Zhao Yuan lowered his eyes and looked at the kneeling guard below: "The Prince Regent behaves intimately with him?" The guard

wiped the sweat on his forehead in embarrassment and uttered two words dryly. : "Yes."

In the past, the guard also thought that the young emperor and the regent were at odds. Logically speaking, he should have yelled at the regent for being shameless, and actually took a young man who was somewhat similar to the emperor into the room, but he was cautious. Taking a peek at the little emperor's expression, he didn't even dare to say any unnecessary words.

Zhao Yuan held up the Buddhist scripture he had transcribed in his hand: "It's a pity that such a perfect Buddhist scripture has been stained."

The guard was excited again.

The thick Buddhist scriptures were thrown on the ground casually. Zhao Yuan stepped on the Buddhist scriptures and said, "Go down."

The guard left in a hurry. Zhao Yuan sat back on the desk again. He dipped the tip of his pen in ink again and wrote a word. He started transcribing the Buddhist scriptures sentence by sentence, and the words written by the soft wolf-brush pen became thicker and thicker. Finally, he pressed the wolf-brush pen hard on the table.

"Why are you angry at these dead things?" The person who came in from outside the palace saw the little emperor's actions and asked.

Zhao Yuan was stunned and told the other party the truth. After speaking, the little emperor lowered his eyes and looked at the mess of Buddhist scriptures: "Grandpa, what should we do now." "

This time, we were not prepared enough. , giving him an opportunity." Grandpa said slowly, "Now we should hide our capabilities and bide our time and wait for the opportunity." "

Last time, I waited for five years. This time, how long will it take?" Zhao Yuan dropped the gun in his hand. He picked up his pen, took a deep breath, and said with gloomy eyes, "He treated me in the past five years... Now he has someone else, and he will not allow us to have so many little tricks anymore." "

No." Grandpa said flatly, " The regent values ​​​​love and righteousness. He cannot let go of the late emperor. He will risk his life to protect the Dasui River and Mountains for the late emperor's words. He has feelings for you, so he will not let go so easily."

Zhao Yuan did not speak.

The Qi Changfeng in his memory was also a very emotional person, but after the last peace talk, he was a little unsure.

"How similar do you think that boy is to you?" Grandpa asked again.

The little emperor nodded, looking a little gloomy: "That's right."

"This means that he can't let you go." Grandpa's eyes flashed and he said fiercely, "You are the ninth-five-year-old noble and the child of his savior. He had feelings for you, but he couldn't get them, so he raised another young man with a similar appearance... When you first came to the throne, you were fifteen or sixteen years old."

And that young man was only fifteen or sixteen years old.

Zhao Yuan's eyes moved slightly. He used to hate Qi Changfeng's feelings for him the most, but now he misses this the most.

After the regent really became a powerful minister, the little emperor realized how good he had been to him. He analyzed the situation in detail with the memorials, taught him how to handle the government affairs, and established his authority in front of the courtiers...

Now the little emperor seems to be It was no different from before, but he was trapped in the palace, no longer had to deal with memorials, and knew nothing about government affairs. Those ministers went directly to the regent if they had questions, as if they had forgotten that such an emperor existed.

Zhao Yuan had always been arrogant and prided himself on being a noble man, but now he realized that being a noble man without his ministers was even more ridiculous than the beggar emperor he played as a child in play.

"That boy is probably not a serious kid. He should be a gadget, used to comfort your loneliness when you are away." Grandpa said, his tone became more determined, "How can these unscrupulous guys compare to You, as long as you are willing to soften your posture a little, you will be able to capture the regent."

Zhao Yuan's eyes flickered, and his heart also moved.

If the relationship with the regent can be restored to the previous relationship, one of them can be the emperor, the other can be a general, and the regent can guard the border for him...

"I have an idea for you." Grandpa said suddenly, "The reason why the regent is so... Those unworthy men only take action because they can't get you. If you are willing to give in..."

"Impossible!" Before he could finish his words, Zhao Yuan understood what he meant and flatly refused, " I am the Nine-Fifth Emperor, the True Dragon Emperor, how can I succumb to others!"

Grandpa said seriously: "Yuan'er, he holds a heavy army and is unrivaled in the whole country. If he is really an enemy of you, what will happen to you? I'm afraid I won't be able to sit firmly on the

throne." Looking at the silent Zhao Yuan, grandpa nodded with satisfaction. He knew that his grandson had always been smart and ruthless and knew what he wanted, and this time would be no exception. .

Lin Hanchuan sneezed slightly, but he felt nothing. However, Gu Shi was afraid that he was sick, so he lifted everything in his hand back and kept trying to touch his forehead.

Looking at the boy who was standing on tiptoe, Lin Hanchuan had no choice but to squat down slightly so that Gu Shi could reach his forehead.

"I'm not sick." Lin Hanchuan smiled and took a lot of things in Gu Shi's hand into his own. "We can play for a while longer."

Both of them had things in their hands, and Gu Shi held something in his hand. Various snacks, candied haws, candied dried fruits, candies and pastries... Even if there was only one portion of each item, it was still full in his hands.

But what Lin Hanchuan was holding were all kinds of small toys, such as small windmills, small crickets, nine-ring rings, small tigers... all kinds of novelties, including even foreign Nimoluo.

Gu Shi was enjoying himself so much that he didn't want to go back during dinner time. He wished he could visit the entire capital at once, so Lin Hanchuan let him go.

"It's so late, do you still have to go to court tomorrow?" Gu Shi then realized that it was completely dark, and many street vendors had disappeared. The surroundings were still lively, but it was still worse than during the day. A little bit.

"Only now do you know I'm sorry?" Lin Hanchuan said in a funny way. He saw the shop in front of him and asked Gu Shi, "Would you like to eat tofu?"

Gu Shi originally thought that he was a little too willful and would disturb Lin. Seeing that Lin Hanchuan didn't care about Hanchuan's official duties, he smiled and said crisply: "Yes!"

The two of them sat on the table of the tofu nao stall. They finally put everything down and freed their hands. They both let out a sigh of relief.

Looking at each other's posture, the two looked at each other and laughed out loud.

"This is my first time shopping." Gu Shi held his chin with his left hand and played with the windmill in his right hand. From time to time he puffed up his cheeks and blew to make the windmill whir in circles.

Lin Hanchuan's eyes flashed with distress, and he asked softly: "How did you live before?"

In the past, Lin Hanchuan was busy fighting back to the capital. After returning to the city, he began to be busy with the affairs of the court again. He did not ask Gu His subordinates had already investigated these things, but Lin Hanchuan didn't look at them. He wanted to know everything about him personally from Gu Shi's mouth.

"I don't have much money, I'm very poor." Gu Shi's voice was low, with a look of recollection in his eyes, "My mother..."

After saying these two words, Gu Shi looked at Lin Hanchuan hurriedly. Seeing that he had no abnormality, he continued: "You know, my mother is from a brothel. After giving birth to me, she worked harder to take care of me. As a result, her health broke down and she went to the brothel a few years ago. Fortunately, she left me a sum of private money at that time so that I could redeem myself." "

After leaving the brothel, I was penniless and could only live in a ruined temple outside the city."

Gu Shi He has no relatives or friends. He is just a child in his early ten years and was once reduced to a beggar. He recounted these experiences and talked about happy things: "I didn't have so many toys at that time, so I just I went to the mountains and ran all over the fields, climbed trees, picked out bird eggs, fished in the water... When I was at my best, I once caught two rabbits!"

After all this time, he still looks proud when talking about this. .

Lin Hanchuan felt a dense pain in his heart as he listened.

Children from good families go to the mountains to have fun, but Gu Shi goes to the mountains for fun. He just has no food, so he can only go to the mountains to find some edible food to satisfy his hunger.

"I've thought about who my biological father would be." Gu Shi didn't dare to look at Lin Hanchuan anymore. He lowered his head and stirred his tofu dough with a smile on his lips, "He Maybe he's like Ergou's father next door. He has a very strong body and can lift me up. He has a beard and can poke my face with it for fun." "

Ergou's father works at the dock. I want to be better than him. , My father should be a policeman in the town..." As he spoke, Gu Shi laughed again, "I didn't expect that my real father is a great hero. He is tall and strong, but he has no beard. But no one can be more powerful than him."

Hearing this, Lin Hanchuan frowned: "You know?"

Gu Shi hummed shyly, feeling a little excited: "My father is much more powerful than Ergou's father. , I never dared to dream..."

Lin Hanchuan complained a little bit about Su Congyu. Only Su Congyu knew Gu Shi's life experience. He didn't expect Su Congyu to be so unreliable, so he turned around and told Gu Shi the truth. hour.

But seeing Gu Shi's appearance, he couldn't bear to pour cold water on him, so he said: "Your father has never looked for you because he doesn't know you exist. He fought for the Sui Kingdom and the world, and ignored him. Family."

Gu Shi looked at Lin Hanchuan without blinking.

Lin Hanchuan paused and continued: "Do you want to change your surname to Zhao?"

Lin Hanchuan made up his mind. Gu Shi had suffered so many grievances. No matter what he wanted, even the throne, he could get it for him.

Gu Shi was waiting for the recognition session where he and his biological father would hug each other and cry. He suddenly heard that his surname was changed to Zhao. He was confused and at a loss: "Why should I be named Zhao? Do you hate me? Do you want me to die?" Did he? Shouldn't the surname be Qi?

Zhao Shi, Zhao Shi, wasn't just looking for death.