Chapter 136

Too many things happened on that day. After Gu Shi and Lin Hanchuan returned to the regent's palace, they were still confused and did not recover for a long time.

Lin Hanchuan looked at him funny and rubbed his head: "What are you thinking about?"

Gu Shi said nothing. He looked at Lin Hanchuan seriously with a complicated expression.

"What's wrong?" Lin Hanchuan was a little worried that he had been too stimulated today, and touched his forehead, "Is something uncomfortable?"

Gu Shi looked away: "...Am I really the late emperor's child? "

Recalling what Lin Hanchuan said at the banquet, about the late emperor and the peasant girl falling in love at first sight, and about getting separated during the war, there was no half-truth. Gu Shi knew that Lin Hanchuan didn't want him to be seen clearly, so he gave him a legitimate identity, but he still felt a little unreal.

Lin Hanchuan smiled: "Of course you are."

Not only was it based on the original text, after Lin Hanchuan found Gu Shi, he also asked people to investigate Gu Shi's life experience, and indeed found clues, all of which confirmed Gu Shi's life experience. He is the late emperor's child.

After finishing speaking, Lin Hanchuan was silent for a few seconds and asked Gu Shi, "Didn't you know about this a long time ago?" "

I don't know." Gu Shi looked confused, "Where could I know about such a thing."

"Didn't Su Congyu tell you that?"

"No."

The two looked at each other for a few seconds. Lin Hanchuan thought of his previous conversation with Gu Shi, and for some reason, he had a vague premonition of something bad, so he asked: " Since you don't know, what did you mean when you said you recognized your ancestor and returned to your clan?"

If not for Gu Shiming's secret reminder, Lin Hanchuan would not have believed that the other party already knew the truth, and secretly found some little tricks for Su Congyu. trouble.

Gu Shi fell into suspicious silence.

Looking back and thinking about it now, it seems that Lin Hanchuan did not say anything about the relationship between the two from the beginning to the end. Everything was his own secret speculation, and it was he who took his secret speculations seriously.

Looking at Gu Shi, Lin Hanchuan suddenly had an idea: "You won't think that I am yours..."

Gu Shi lowered his head, like a child who made a mistake, looking pitiful.

Lin Hanchuan couldn't laugh or cry. Although he couldn't regard such a young Gu Shi as his lover, and he did treat him as a son, he never expected that Gu Shi would be so imaginative and really treat himself like a son. Mistaken for his biological father.

There were some mixed feelings in his heart, his good lover turned into a son, Lin Hanchuan's temples were aching, and he wished he could pull him over and give him a good spanking.

Gu Shi knew that he was at fault, so he seemed extra obedient: "It's my fault. I didn't have a father when I was a child. You and I are not relatives, but you are so good to me, so I thought..."

Lin Hanchuan's heart was not yet angry. When it rose, it was extinguished by a basin of water again, leaving only a wisp of black smoke. He sighed in his heart and said in a soft voice: "How could I be so talented to have a child as old as you?" Gu Shi quickly

said Glancing at Lin Hanchuan, he muttered: "...it's not like there are people who become fathers at the age of fifteen." He could

n't help but patted the back of Gu Shi's head. Lin Hanchuan really didn't know what kind of image he had in this child's mind. He rubbed Rubbing the center of his eyebrows, he could only comfort himself. He was the one who suffered the child he loved.

Seeing Lin Hanchuan's expression, Gu Shi approached him diligently and squeezed his shoulders: "Your Majesty, I was wrong. I shouldn't have regarded you as my father." Gu Shi's attack was

neither gentle nor heavy, and Lin Hanchuan was not angry. Brushing his hand away: "I'm not your father, you are my ancestor."

You can't beat him or scold him, you can only pamper him.

Gu Shi wasn't angry either. He smiled, and all the confusion at a loss disappeared. He had been feeling sad since Lin Hanchuan revealed his identity. Rather than being a prince, he wanted to stay with Lin Hanchuan. He wanted to stay with Lin Hanchuan. I was only worried that if he was really the prince, Lin Hanchuan, as the regent, would still treat him so well.

Everyone knows that the relationship between the regent and the royal family is not harmonious, especially when the regent dealt with the young emperor's mother and grandfather some time ago. The speculation outside is even more complicated.

When Gu Shi was out looking for news, he always scolded the royal family from the regent's point of view for being ignorant and burning bridges... Today, he suddenly became a wolf-hearted member of the royal family. It was hard not to be confused.

Fortunately, Lin Hanchuan's attitude towards him remained the same as before. Gu Shi couldn't hold back and clung to Lin Hanchuan's shoulder affectionately. In the past, he didn't know why, but he never dared to get too close to Lin Hanchuan. Although the relationship between the two was close, there was also a vague feeling between the elder and the younger generation. estrangement, today he seems to have let go of something, no longer suppressing his inner desire.

"If I were a prince, could I still live in the palace?" Gu Shi asked with his fingers curled up in the corners of Lin Hanchuan's gorgeous clothes that he had not yet changed out of.

Lin Hanchuan subconsciously adjusted his posture to allow Gu Shi to lean more comfortably: "You are now a member of the royal family and will move to the palace soon."

Gu Shi pursed his lips and asked again, "Can I not move?"

From Lin Hanchuan's perspective, he couldn't see Gu Shi's expression clearly. He could only hear Gu Shi's low voice, and his heart softened: "I will go to the palace to see you every day." After saying that,

Lin Hanchuan paused for a few seconds. , he then said: "If you want to be an emperor in the future, what's the point of living in the palace all the time."

With the previous misunderstanding, Lin Hanchuan did not dare to hide his own plan from Gu Shi, lest he think about it. I figured out something terrible.

"Be the emperor?" Gu Shi straightened up suddenly. Gu Shi's heart was in a mess, frightened and anxious at the same time. "How can I be the emperor? I don't know anything, I don't understand anything, and now I can't even read a word." Taiquan..."

"Don't be afraid, I have everything." Lin Hanchuan looked at Gu Shi, who was like a frightened cat, "I let Zhao Yuan assist Zhao Yuan when he became emperor, and I can also assist you."

No. Knowing that it was that word that struck Gu Shi, he suddenly fell silent. A few strange colors flashed in his eyes. He was silent for a long time. When Lin Hanchuan thought he had scared him, he suddenly said: "I will be a Good emperor, better emperor than Zhao Yuan... I will protect you."

Lin Hanchuan was stunned for a moment, then smiled.

The young emperor Zhao Yuan was seriously ill and was dying. The people from the Tai Hospital tried their best to hang up Zhao Yuan's life. Just to wake him up, the people from the Tai Hospital gave him heavy medicine to wake him up. But such heavy medicine would also damage his roots and overdraw his life.

After being in a coma for a day and a night, Zhao Yuan finally opened his eyes.

After knowing the situation, Lin Hanchuan took the time to enter the palace. He had an unimpeded journey and arrived at Zhao Yuan's palace.

Zhao Yuan had been prepared for this. He looked at Lin Hanchuan and coughed lightly: "Is the regent here to visit the sick?"

"Abdication decree." Lin Hanchuan reminded coldly.

Zhao Yuan smiled with a pale face: "The regent is really cruel. I am already seriously ill, but you only think about the abdication edict."

Lin Hanchuan stood aside with a cold expression: "You won't live much longer. Why don't you write it now? With the abdication edict, there will definitely be civil strife in Da Sui. Although I can forcefully support the next emperor to take the throne, but the name is not justified, and people who have some relationship with the royal family can invade under the name of purging the royal bloodline. Capital... do you want to see this scene?"

After finishing speaking, Lin Hanchuan seemed not to notice Zhao Yuan's ugly face, and continued: "You shouldn't have to work so hard for poison. If you are not the emperor, you might be able to do it again. Live a few more years, retire early and get better."

After hearing this kind of words often, it doesn't seem to make people feel so uncomfortable. Zhao Yuan didn't know if he was used to it. He lowered his eyes and stared at his bony fingers, feeling empty and uncomfortable in his heart.

Everything the regent said was true, Zhao Yuan knew it, but he had been taught since he was a child to be a good emperor and to make Da Sui peaceful and prosperous, but he did nothing... He was not willing to give in, but it seemed that he was not willing to give in. It's no use anymore.

After being angry and resentful, Zhao Yuan felt empty in his heart. He didn't know what else he would have after he was relieved of the burden of Da Sui and lost the title of emperor.

His eyes were dull for a long time, and Zhao Yuan suddenly whispered: "You used to always say that my hands are beautiful." Zhao Yuan's

hands used to be slender and delicate, with even bones and flesh, straight and white. Qi Changfeng used to like holding these hands and kneading them. Playing, he said, these hands are only suitable for holding pens to settle the world and determine the world, and are not suitable for other things.

After losing the title of emperor, what Zhao Yuan thought about was still the person he hated the most.

Lin Hanchuan's expression remained unchanged, and he said calmly: "You also know, that was something in the past." It is

not that there are no sweet scenes in Qi Changfeng's memory, but it is a pity that from his point of view, it is sweet, but from the original text, Zhao From Yuan's perspective, it is nothing but humiliation and trampling.

After knowing the truth of the misalignment, the so-called sweetness has turned into false sweetness. Under a layer of honey, there is only bitterness.

Zhao Yuan clenched his fingers into a fist. He turned to look at Lin Hanchuan with persistence in his eyes: "If it were me...if I hadn't arrested you, would everything have been different?" Even if he would still be poisoned, he would still be poisoned

. He would deal with his mother and grandfather, but at least there would be one person by his side who would accompany him from beginning to end, instead of ending up alone.

"Yes." Lin Hanchuan did not hesitate. If the little emperor chose to trust the regent, they would naturally have different endings.

Unfortunately, one step was wrong and the other was wrong. The little emperor chose betrayal, and the regent chose to force after fighting back. From then on, the two became entangled step by step, like a ball of yarn that could not be sorted out, and could no longer be separated.

But after Lin Hanchuan came here, he untied the first step of tying the yarn ball, and all the subsequent plots ceased to exist.

Zhao Yuan felt disappointed and smiled bitterly: "Qi Changfeng, if you win, I will sign the edict of abdication... I just hope that the next emperor, who is about the same size as me, will not betray you again."

Zhao Yuan stood up from the bed with great effort . , he walked to the blank imperial edict prepared for him by Lin Hanchuan, and wrote word by word with trembling hands. He wrote very slowly. When he finally put down the pen, his palms were already covered in cold sweat.

Looking at the abdication edict, Zhao Yuan pressed the vermilion seal with his own hands. He slowly closed his eyes. The only thing that came to his mind was the general in silver armor many years ago.

At that time, not long after the death of the late emperor, the political power in the court was unstable. Everyone was bullying him because of his youth, and the other party had just become the regent. Although he had some prestige in the military, no one in the court bought it.

The young regent was ruthless and cruel, killing chickens to scare monkeys, and ransacking the homes of several ministers, which established his reputation as a violent and powerful minister later on. However, when facing the young emperor, the regent, who always had a straight face, showed a smile.

"Your Majesty, I will help you become a wise king, just watch."

At that time, the regent was also known as the Jade-faced General. He was handsome and high-spirited, which made the little emperor's eyes widen.

At that time, Zhao Yuan really believed in him, and he really believed that their relationship as a monarch and his subjects would become a good story that would be passed down through the ages... Why did it change later?

Zhao Yuan thought for a while and finally remembered that it seemed that when he suspected that the regent had unfaithful feelings for him, he felt ashamed and angry, but both the queen mother and the queen mother said that the regent was ambitious, he had a sudden idea, as long as he When the regent falls in love with him, does everything have room for change?

After handing the abdication edict to Lin Hanchuan, Zhao Yuan trudged back to bed. He was weak in energy and his breathing was particularly obvious in the silent palace, but no one helped him.

After lying on the bed for a while, Zhao Yuan couldn't help but looked at the door, only to find that Lin Hanchuan had already left.