Chapter 73: Powerless

---------------------
*Ninjago City*

The Ninja rushed towards the Commissioner and two cops as they were being surrounded by serpents. "It's the Ninja!" the Commissioner shouted with relief while the cops gasped at the sight. "Hang on, guys!" Cole shouted as they all hopped out of the cars, "how about a fair fight?" Lloyd asked as they all charged at the serpents, Zane freezing the first one. "Hyah!" Y/N shouted as she kicked one of the bigger serpents' noses, causing it to freeze and disintegrate.

"I got this one" Cole said as he jumped up, smashing his fists together before punching into the ground, causing a handful of serpents to disappear. "Nya, can you get us some water?" Y/N asked as she sent an air punch to another serpent to keep it away from the Commissioner and the cops. "I'll try!" Nya shouted as she ran towards the fire hydrant, shooting water at serpents while Zane used Spinjitzu.

Kai looked over towards two boys who were being cornered by two snakes, "pick on someone your own size!" Kai shouted as he tried to use his element, but as hard as he tried, nothing happened.

"Oh, right, no powers" Kai whined as he looked at his hands, the serpents turned towards Kai as they slithered towards him. But before they could strike, lightning struck both at once, causing them to disappear. Kai looked up to see Y/N nod at him as she gave him a thumbs up. Kai sighed as he watched his friends fight off the serpents, finishing them off in no time.

"Oh, thank you. It's good to have you all back" the Commissioner said as the Ninja took their masks off. "Good to be back, Commissioner" Lloyd said as he smiled at the cops and the Commissioner. A beeping sound was heard from the Commissioner's pocket as he pulled out his phone, "we're getting reports the leader of the serpents is heading for the Ninjago History Museum" the Commissioner informed the Ninja, "her name's Aspheera. And she's deeply nuts" Cole said as Y/N nodded at him, "whatever she's after, we'd better not let her get it" Y/N said as she shook her head.

"How can we help?" the Commissioner asked as he looked at the Ninja. "Evacuate as many people as you can and set up a perimeter. We'll handle the rest" Y/N explained as she looked at the cops and the Commissioner with a determined look on her face, "you heard her!" the Commissioner shouted as he and the cops ran off. "We'd better get a move on!" Lloyd said as they all put on their masks while they started to run.

"Actually, I'm sitting this one out" Kai said while looking at the ground, "what?" they all said together. "Why?" Nya asked, "Aspheera stole my powers, remember? I can't help. I mean, Y/N had to save me just now, and Jay. Jay!" Kai said as he looked at Jay. "Huh. That's a weird way of saying thanks" Jay said while scratching the back of his neck.

Y/N and Lloyd took off their masks, "just go without me. I would only get in your way" Kai said in a defeated tone. Y/N placed her hand on his shoulder, making him look at her, "powers don't make a hero" Y/N said softly, Kai scoffed and pushed Y/N's hand off his shoulder. "Dude, that's just something people with powers say to make people without powers feel better" Kai stated in an annoyed tone, "that's not true. We need you" Y/N said softly with a sense of urgency.

"We don't have time to argue. The people in that museum need help!" Nya said, "she's right. We gotta go" Cole said as he looked at Y/N. Y/N sighed as she watched Kai turn his back to her, "if you change your mind, you know where we'll be" Y/N said as she felt Lloyd pull her away slightly. Y/N sighed as she put on her mask and chased after the other Ninja, leaving Kai alone.

---------------------
*the museum*

"They're looking for a scroll. Must have some special kind of power. They haven't found it yet" Lloyd whispered as they watched Aspheera and Char slither off into another room. "Maybe it's in another exhibit" Y/N said as she shrugged slightly, she quickly ran up to a map of the museum, "hall H" Y/N said as she looked at Lloyd. "Come on, if we hurry, we can beat them!" Lloyd whispered as they made their way to hall H.

"There, look!" Lloyd said as they saw a sign of the scroll Aspheera was looking for. Y/N pushed the doors open to see a scroll in the middle of the room, "this has to be it" Y/N said as there were many serpent tombs in the room. "Great, Kai, melt the glass. Oh...yeah" Jay said, cringing slightly.