FIVE: successor

THE ENTIRE WORLD WAS CAPTIVATED when a young teenager in Hikariume unleashed an explosion of immense power, saving the day. His eyes scanned through news stations, the internet, and afternoon talk shows, all dominated by the story of her valiant defeat of Four Claw: the same group the young man sent to apprehend her. He had some harsh words ready for his workers as soon as they returned. But since this defeat wasn't entirely Four Claw's fault, he'll forgive them.

"Akira Hiromitsu, hm?"

Lord Raiden's eyes narrowed with curiosity as he observed the television mounted on the opposite wall from his desk. He thought this Hiromitsu was powerless. He was certain of it. That's why he sent Four Claw out to capture her. It was a wise decision for them to flee while they still had the chance.

Whenever situations escalated, Lord Raiden's workers would retreat. They were never caught. That's how he stayed hidden for so long. But now that his name was out. He needed to be extra careful — or take advantage of it and capture Akira himself.

No... now that Akira had powers, it would be riskier capturing her. She would fight back even if he sent his workers to drain her energy. There would still be traces of a fight, and the other Guardians would be sure to lead the attack back to him. There had to be another way to get his hands on her. And now that Akira had power, he wanted to capture her more than ever.

Lord Raiden watched the news, resting his head on his hand, drumming his fingers on his cheek. All of this was impossible. Akira Hiromitsu, youngest child of the strongest Guardians in Kivvora, had no elemental inheritance.

That girl didn't have powers.

Just yesterday, she lied and said she had powers but didn't use them. That's what his assistant, Jiro Masuda, told him when he came back from Lightyard, after Akira had attempted to chase him off.

Maybe Akira Hiromitsu had powers all along and she was just really clever to keep them hidden until today. But why would she feel the need to do that? It made little sense. No. She didn't hide these powers.

She just earned them.

Lord Raiden never witnessed a display of a Light Element such as that. Not even the great and mighty Huang Hiromitsu wielded that much Light and of that strength too. It might even be too strong for Akira.

There was a gentle knock at his door, and it slowly creaked open, slow footsteps approached him. Lord Raiden glanced up, his eyes meeting Kamiaka, the fiery-haired hybrid, as she stopped in front of his desk. He sensed her disappointment as she bowed. A sigh escaping her lips before straightening back up.

"Remember that girl you said had no powers? Well, she totally does." Kamiaka said and put a hand on her hip "We didn't get her as you asked. My deepest apologies, milord."

Lord Raiden pointed to the television screen with his eyes. "I've been watching the news." He said with a mellow tone. "All forms of media won't stop talking about that little... incident."

Kamiaka gulped. "Lord Raiden, we—"

Lord Raiden clasped his hands and pointed them to his associate. "I thought about it and already and excused you and your siblings." He stopped. "I didn't expect her to attack... and with great force too."

"I appreciate your understanding, milord..." She said. "But... Akira is still out there."

"I'm aware," Lord Raiden said, irritated. He leaned forward, chin on his clasped hands. "I'll get my hands on the Hiromitsu another way."

Kamiaka nodded and spoke with a hand. "Of course you will," her purple eyes shimmered with fear as she added, "Milord." She cleared her throat. "What do you suggest me and my siblings do now?"