THIRTY-FIVE (part 3/5): chrysalis prime

The sun beamed down on the city, the streamers and lanterns shimmered in the light, creating a colorful display. Akira continued her patrol at the center of Rotasu, admiring the vibrant surroundings, as a smile spread across her face.

The city streets were alive with the sounds of chatter and laughter as everyone finished decorating, and by afternoon, the entire city was draped in purples, silvers, and flowers.

Blue Harmony Village didn't look this good during Shingetsuma. Though, this is Lienna's birthday and coronation. Everything must be per­fect for the princess.

Yamiyo's hands were in his pockets as he walked beside Akira, wearing the smile from earlier. Akira face warmed being around him, know­ing she was the reason behind his smile.

Soon, Akira spotted the other Guardians at a gift shop. She mo­tioned Yamiyo to follow her and went to meet up with the others. They all bought something for the princess.

Kazami bought an assorted box of acrylic paints and a block of air-drying clay. Netsuto got a purple lava lamp. Umiji bought a mini figure of the palace, and Harumi got a little sakura blossom tree.

Their gifts were awesome. Filled with guilt, Akira realized she hadn't considered what to give the princess herself.

She hurried inside the gift shop and began searching the perfect gift for Lienna. She searched the store until she spotted a necklace that reminded her of Lienna – a silver necklace with a light metallic blue lotus flower pendant, complete with a small purple gemstone at its center. This was the gift Akira would give her.

Yamiyo was somewhere around the store and Akira went to go find him after grabbing the necklace off the shelf. When Akira found him, he was already checking out, his bag in his hand

After Akira paid for the necklace, she followed Yamiyo outside. But before they went back to the others, Yamiyo tugged on Akira's arm, and she turned to face him.

Yamiyo hugged the paper bag close to himself, looking away. He reached in his bag, grabbing a tiger plushie, and extended it to Akira. He kept his gaze away from hers.

"F-for you," he stammered. "I know I'm two months late, but... happy birthday."

Akira gasped, eyes widening as she grabbed the tiger plushie. "Aww! Thank you! So cute." She squealed, cuddling it. "You didn't have to."

"I missed five of your birthdays," Yamiyo said, looking back at Akira with a small smile. "It's the least I could do."

Then, he pulled out a candle with deep purple wax. "This candle reminds me of my mother. I want to gift it to the princess, but I don't know if she'll like it."

Akira smiled. "Lienna's really kindhearted, Yaya. She's going love all the gifts she receives. Even yours." She encouraged.

Yamiyo's eyes flicked to the bag in Akira's hand. "What did you get her?"

Akira pulled the lotus necklace out the bag, the purple gem glim­mering in the sunlight. "It reminds me of her."

Yamiyo smiled. "It's pretty. Princess Lienna will love it."

Breaking their conversation, Netsuto yelled and waved. "Hey, if y'all done talkin', let's head back to the palace and put the gifts up so we can finish patrollin'!"

Akira and Yamiyo looked at each other before putting their gifts for the princess back in their bags, returning to the palace with the others.

* * *

Akira didn't stay at the palace long after leaving her gift for Lienna in her room. She also set the tiger plushie Yamiyo bought her on her bed.

Akira met the other Guardians outside, ready to continue their patrol, but before they could move, frightened screams filled the city followed by people scurrying all over the place.