[acknowledgments]

Eight long years of writing and rewriting. Eight long years of developing and then redeveloping again and again. I remember the night I began drafting this story back in the summer of 2016, but those drafts just weren't natural to me. I wrote this book entirely four times over the last eight years and The Legacy of Guardians is the ver­sion I fell in love with the most. It felt more natural and ready to share.

As cliché as it sounds... all of this felt like yesterday.

This journey was somewhat a lonely one since I did everything myself and didn't work with anyone else with this. I decided not to do the certain things that every author should do just for the fun of it. I call it my "marketing choice". A choice I might semi regret... but a little proud of for now.

Although working alone from beginning to finish I still have so many people to thank.

<>

Thank you, thank you, thank you, my reader. Words can't express how much you reading this book means to me. You're the best and I hope you enjoyed it.

My younger sister, Maki. In the earlier stages, you helped me generate some ideas to make this story possible. You may not remember doing so or feel that it was no help. But trust me... that little help, I feel made this story possible. Thanks, sis. Also, thank you for kind of accepting Akira as our stand in middle sister at that time. It's funny and heartwarming that you remember her. Thanks for sitting in voice chat doing your own thing while I screech and cry over formatting and screwing up every time I blink.

And a huge thanks to my small following on Instagram. I enjoyed doing those character reveals and little quizzes on their roles with you. It made me happy when a few of you said you liked my main characters. (Especially Lord Raiden and Akira.)

Thanks again for reading! <3