THREE (part 6/6): reveal

The word was black and spinning, but Yamiyo could still see through the darkness. Even with his glasses on, his vision was hazy. Yamiyo's lungs burned as he gasped for air, his heart pounding hard in his chest as he attempted to escape Kiba and Tsume's grasp. They wouldn't let him go and gripped him tighter. He grunted. What was this power...?

Yamiyo gritted his teeth as his body tensed, the pain intensifying when he tried summoning his Element and failed. He was so dizzy, so tired, so weak. There was nothing he could do. He was ready to accept defeat so the pain would end.

Yamiyo trembled as he lifted his gaze to Akira's hiding spot. No. He couldn't give up now. Akira had to be protected. He had to get out of this and make sure she was safe. But the more he struggled, the weaker he be­came. He shifted his gaze to Master Yuuto who was losing strength and fast.

Kiba snarled in Yamiyo's ear, his black hair brushing against his cheek. He let out a dark chuckle. "Give it up, Shadow boy..." His breath hot on Yamiyo's neck.

Yamiyo tensed with cold fury. "Never."

"Leave them alone."

Yamiyo's eyes winded at the familiar voice. He looked back in Akira's direction, she was approaching, her midnight blue eyes gleamed with defiance as she walked with her fists at her hips.

What the hell is she thinking?

"What was that?" Kiba snarled.

Akira grinned. "I don't think I stuttered, mutt." She said, her smile fading. She pointed her finger at Yamiyo. "Drop. Him. Now."

Yamiyo tried to shout to his friend, but his dry throat constricted with pain, and his head throbbed.

Run, Akira.

"Get lost girl," Tsume snarled. "This doesn't involve you."

Akira crossed her arms and smirked. "Oh, I think it does."

Yamiyo tensed at the tone of her voice. What? No. She wasn't... she wouldn't. Akira couldn't be that foolish. But—

"Heard you're looking for Akira Hiromitsu." She paused and opened her arms wide. "Well, you've found her," she stopped. "I am Akira Hiromitsu."

Akira, no! What the hell are you doing?