THIRTY-FIVE (part 4/5): overpowered

Time slowed down and speed up at the same time. Before Akira or Yamiyo could land an attack, Kamiaka twirled on a foot and kicked Yamiyo in his chest. He fell flat on his back with a grunt, his scythe knocked to the side.

"Yami!" Akira screamed. She turned, shooting a glare at Kamiaka who was already getting ready for another attack.

Kamiaka punched Akira, tripped her, then knocked her to her knees. As Akira struggled to get up, Kamiaka grabbed her by the head and slammed her into the ground. Akira yelped and whimpered, her body too weak to move. before pulling her closer to her by her hair.

As Akira tried to move, Kamiaka pulled her up by her shirt and flung Akira at a nearby wall. Moaning, Akira sat up and looked around. What? How did they get so strong in one month?

Before Akira could prepare an attack, a bright purple and orange glow reflected off Akira. She shielded her eyes while also looking up. It was com­ing from Kamiaka. She cackled, spreading her arms as copies of herself form and surround Akira.

Akira looked around, wide eyed. Kamiaka was everywhere around her. She didn't know where to attack. They would all attack her if she tried hitting just one.

Soon, the real Kamiaka walked to Akira smiling, her fangs sharper than ever. Without a word, Kamiaka raised her hand, glowing in purple and orange energy, then flung her hand at Akira, blasting the power straight at her. Akira tried getting away, but the attack got her in her attempt.

There was nothing in her mind. She couldn't think or form a thought. She didn't know where she was. Didn't know what she was doing.

Akira shut her eyes, trying her best to remember. Despite the confu­sion, she knew she didn't randomly get to a fight. But her memory was blank.

"Oh? Are you confused, Light Guardian?" Kamiaka and her clones teased, their voices echoing. "You look so lost. Did you forget how to fight?"

Akira snarled. Remember... remember. She knocked her fists on to her forehead. Whatever Kamiaka did, she had to be very careful. This spell dropped her defense. She wouldn't be aware of any threats.

Suddenly, one memory came to her. Yamiyo, he was with her. Where was he? She needed him right now. If Kamiaka didn't attack him yet, she would be safe around him.

She tried looking for him, but all she saw were Kamiaka's clones. He must have been fighting Kiba. But where was Kiba?

The clones of Kamiaka vanished. Akira's surroundings became clearer, but the confusion lingered in her head.

Blinked as she looked up and gasped. Kiba was approaching her. Kamiaka walked past him, smiling. "Take care of her, then we finish the Shadow boy."

Akira shifted her gaze to where Kiba came from and saw Yamiyo laying on the ground, struggling to move.

"Ya—" Akira tried saying but, Kiba kicked her stomach, and she whimpered in pain, hunching over.

Kiba chuckled. "Don't worry about him." He purred. "Soon, he won't be of your concern at all."

Akira glared at Kiba, and his eyes flashed green. A chill went up her spine and she grunted, her hands shooting up to grip her head. Kiba's voice echoing though her mind.

She trembled, unable to take her eyes off him, trying her hardest to resist his words.

Shit...