ELEVEN

HOURS AFTER THE SUN WENT down, Akira, Yamiyo, and Master Yuuto arrived in Shizukana. After what seemed like an endless journey, she made it. Akira couldn't wait to finally get some sleep.

Master Yuuto bought a bus ride since it was so late. He mentioned living in northern Shizukana, and it would have been another four-hours or so if they walked.

The ride was about an hour before it stopped at Blue Harmony village. Then, the trio continued by foot.

The sky was dark, with thick grey clouds swirling above while thin white fog hovered in midair. Moonlight seeped through the coverage, casting a gentle glow over everything. The temperature dropped a ton since arriving in Shizukana, piercing through Akira's clothes, and sending shivers down her spine. As she shuddered, her breath materialized in front of her.

Yamiyo held Akira close, making sure she was stable and to catch her in case she'd faint again like she did yesterday. The dizziness had stopped, but every part of her throbbed. Even as she walked, Akira's body continued to tremble, sending another shudder through her. Wherever Master Yuuto was taking them, the place better have some freaking heat.

Master Yuuto took them through another forest. The fog was lower here and covered the eerie forest. Though, it was still thin enough to see through.

Akira sank into the thick snow, but pushed through with Yamiyo's help.

The wind played with her long black strands, and the cold was biting, almost freezing her nose. She shuddered again. Were they at least halfway there? Her blood was turning into ice with every step. Akira concluded winters in Shizukana sucked.

After thirty endless minutes, Master Yuuto came to a stop and turned around. A warm smile spreading across his face. Pointing with his hand, Master Yuuto directed his words towards a house. "We're here."

The house was huge. No. Not a house. A mansion. Was this?

"This is my home and where I will be training the both of you," he said.

Akira blinked twice at the master, her eyes lingering on him for a moment, before turning her attention back to the mansion.

It was built like a traditional Kivvoren house, only bigger. It was one level and built with a sturdy, dark grey wood that had streaks of black. Steelpine wood. The strongest, indestructible wood in Kivvora.

Various parts of the mansion were stone, and about seven grey stone columns upheld a square-pyramid roof made with the same stones. Smoothonyx. Another tough and indestructible material.

Dimmed lights glowed from some of the windows. Master Yuuto probably left them on to make it look like he was home. But with a place this hidden, there was really no point.

The mansion stood at the center of an almost frozen lake, creating a calming atmosphere. A long bridge stretched across the lake, providing a pathway. It was straight out of a dream or a children's fantasy book. Tranquil, relaxing. Beautiful. No wonder Shizukana is known as the region of mystery and peace.

Akira's jaw dropped. "You live here?"

With the same expression, Yamiyo added, "It's beautiful."

Master Yuuto smiled a thanks. "Come. I'll show you to your rooms."

Akira and Yamiyo followed the Energy Guardian over the bridge. The icy lake shimmered under the moonlight. Yamiyo released Akira after they crossed the bridge, but he stayed close.

The two friends followed Yuuto inside, and he turned the lights on, revealing traditional and modern Kivvoren decor. Everything was neat and tidy, although the furniture could use a little dusting.