THIRTY-SEVEN

MORNING CAME TOO FAST FOR Akira. It felt she had just fallen asleep and for forty-five minutes.

The sun rays seeped through her window and beamed on her face. She squinted her closed lids before opening them slowly, pushing herself up with a groan. She knew she couldn't sleep in.

Today was Lienna's coronation and birthday. Shiro was expecting Akira and her friends to be there, making sure the Rotasu is threat free. She reminded herself of what she had to do after the party.

Tonight.

Akira sighed. Even though she didn't show it, even though she seemed to be less afraid than the others... she was very afraid. Akira squeezed the ring on her finger.

"You're a Guardian... a Hiromitsu." Akira whispered. "You can do it. You will make it."

She flinched at the sudden knocking at her door quickly telling who­ever it was to come in. It was a guard holding a box. "Yuuto asked me to give this to you. It's your Guardian attire." He said, setting the box on the chair next to Akira's bed.

The guard paused, looking at Akira. "You're related to Ayaki, yeah? His little sister."

Akira rolled here eyes. "Is that all I'm known as in this palace?"

The guard chuckled. "We were good friends. Can't say I don't miss him." He sighed. "I'm sorry for your loss. He was a good person aside from that poison."

Akira smiled. "Thanks for seeing the good in him." She changed the subject. "Still no word from Hansuke?"

The guard shook his head. "We haven't heard from him since Four Claw attacked. We tried contacting him, but we get no response." He said. "I'm sure he's alright — it's just weird."

Silence fell upon them. "I'll let you get dressed. Don't want to make you late for Princess Lienna's ceremony."

The guard left her room and shut the door behind him.

Akira pushed herself out of bed after she heard his footsteps down the hall. She opened the box and smiled. Last week, Master Yuuto asked her and the others to design an outfit for themselves for their Guardian attire.

Akira freshened up with a shower before putting on her Guard­ian outfit. Akira looked in the mirror, focusing on her outfit.

Her tops: a white, skintight shirt and a cropped, long sleeved, pastel green, vest.

Her bottoms: white leggings and a pastel green skirt, long on one side, dropping past her knee. And calf boots to match the skirt.

It was perfect. She felt nice and fit perfectly. It was everything she asked for in her design.

Akira brushed her hair into place, smiling at herself. She never thought she would make it this far as a Guardian. Now she's about to save the world.

"I can do this. I can do this."

After some time, Akira left her room. Everyone was out in the dining area having breakfast. Everyone except Yamiyo. Master Yuuto was gone as well, but Akira knew that he was already up and around the palace somewhere speaking with the emperor and empress.

Akira sighed and knocked on Yamiyo's door. Three times, then four times. The door opened slightly, and he peaked from the crack, he gave a small smile, opening his door a little more for Akira to enter, then shut it.

"Sorry I'm not out there..." Yamiyo opened the curtains, sun filling his room. "I'm just... I'm nervous about today..." He paused, his voice forming a gasp when his eyes fell upon Akira again. He looked her up and down. "You look... nice. Like a Guardian."