THIRTY-NINE

MASTER YUUTO STOOD ON THE balcony and watched his students depart into the darkness of the south. He was second guessing if he made the right decision to let them go.

But he had to trust them. He had to trust Akira. Her father, Huang always had the correct instincts. Akira was so much like him in that way. She always knew what to do in tense situations such as these.

He had to trust her.

Yuuto charged his hands with white energy and shot it at his dome around the city, regenerating its strength. The palace doors opened as Shiro, Ayame and Lienna stepped outside. Yuuto turned to face them.

"Don't worry," he said. "My students will bring peace and bal­ance back to Kivvora."

Emperor Shiro nodded. "We know," he said. "We just hope they aren't too late."

"The Guardians are tough, father," Princess Lienna spoke. "I've seen them train and fight. They care a ton about Kivvora." She stopped, looking south. "Even if it is too late, they'll find a way to make things right. I trust them."

Lienna put a hand to her chest and bowed to Master Yuuto. "Your students have a lot of heart, sir."

"Our deepest apologies for pre-judging them." Empress Ayame said. "After all, they are just kids. But now... they are more than that. They are our new Guardians. And we have shamed them." She looked away. "Your students have already proven themselves worthy to be entrusted as Kivvora's Guardians."

"Thank you for trusting in them, your majesty." Master Yuuto with a bow.

Yuuto rose his hands again, shooting another blast of energy to the shield, adding an extra layer of protection. He groaned as he dropped to one knee, holding his balance on his cane.

Lienna leapt to his side, quick as light. "Master Yuuto." She pulled his arm around her shoulder. "You should come inside. Maybe get some rest?"

Master Yuuto shook his head, letting out ragged breaths. "I have to... protect Rotasu from this dark storm." He struggled to speak. "If I don't... people will become overwhelmed and fall to the corruption."

Lienna helped Yuuto to his feet, and he looked at his shield. The En­ergy Guardian knew he should rest and not overwork himself like that. He wasn't young anymore. And at his age right now, he shouldn't be expending this amount of his element. It would eventually break his mind, and he knew this. But... he had to fight on, just like his students. He had to protect Rotasu, while his they were out there risking it all for Kivvora.

"Master Yuuto, please come inside," Empress Ayame urged. "Your shield should hold perfectly for now. Please, you need rest." She said. "Give your power time to recharge."

Master Yuuto said nothing and nodded. Princess Lienna walked him into the palace. She brought him to the throne and sat him in a chair off to the said. Yuuto groaned, sinking into it, and rested his eyes.

"I'll get you some tea," Lienna said and scurried off.

Shiro and Ayame stared out another window, holding each other's hands. They were trying to stay strong... holding on to nothing but hope for the Guardians success.

"We're counting on you six." Master Yuuto muttered. "Stay strong out there. For all of our sakes"

* * *

Akira remained silent as she looked at the map, leading her friends deeper and deeper into the darkness of the south. The storm or dark energy didn't affect any of the Guardians. Akira knew she would only succumb to the storm's corruption if she allowed herself to feel the way Lord Raiden and Isamu feel. The way they wanted her and the Guardians to feel. Akira wasn't going to give them what they asked for. Not for a moment.