TEN

FOUR CLAW RETURNED WITH MORE recruiters today. Some seemed worthy— others not so worthy. But Lord Raiden took them in any way to give them a chance. He dismissed the wolf siblings, thanked them for their hard work, and told them they would be rewarded greatly for this.

As soon as the hybrids left, Lord Raiden circled the group of people they brought him. He looked them up and down, mumbling his thinking and consideration.

"Interesting bunch here," Lord Raiden seethed, walking around the group with his arms folded behind his back. "Interesting bunch here indeed..."

There were at least twenty– no, twenty-five people here. He said find recruiters but damn... not this many. But Lord Raiden would find a place for each of them. If they proved themselves worthy to him.

After surveying his group a few more times, Lord Raiden returned to the front of the dimly lit room and propped himself atop his table. He crossed his legs and rested his chin over his clamped hands.

"Alright. Listen to me," he began. "If you want to go any further, you must pledge your loyalty to me. You will serve me and do what I ask of you. If you don't like that, then I don't see why you're still here."

No one left and Lord Raiden cocked a side grin. Good.

"I will be granting all of you power. This power is the face of the future. A symbol of a better world. You're all here because you want this different world. And so do I. Join me and we can create this new world together."

The large group mumbled amongst themselves for a while. Then they all turned to him and bowed their heads. Not a single one rejected his offer. This brought pleasure to Lord Raiden's heart. He would soon get the world he wants in no time with this much help.

Lord Raiden led the large group down two halls, up two flights of stairs, and down another hall before reaching a room with dimmed violet lights. He stepped inside and motioned for the group to come in one at a time. This was his examination room. It's where he administered this 'power' he spoke of into his workers.

Without even turning around, Lord Raiden pointed towards the seat behind him, signaling the first recruiter to sit. From a drawer, Lord Raiden pulled out a small and wide glass jug with a deep violet liquid within it and placed it on the counter. Carefully, he chose a beaker from the array of options on the shelves before him, positioned it under the spout, and col­lected the menacing liquid.

As he swirled the beaker back and forth, the sound of the liquid sloshing echoed in the quiet room. In a matter of seconds, the liquid emitted a faint glow, bringing a smile to Lord Raiden's face. From a drawer beside him, he grabbed a syringe and filled it with the luminous violet liquid. He flicked the syringe a few times before turning to the young lady who was waiting for him.

"Your arm, miss," he said, his voice soothing.

The young lady was trembling as she pulled away from Lord Raiden. He tilted his head with faint snarl. "Not a fan of shots?"

The young lady nodded.

Lord Raiden sighed as he gently pulled the woman's arm closer to him. "Trust me, the side effects are going to hurt you a hell of a lot more than the needle." He seethed and inserted the needle into the lady's vein.

She winced and let out a faint yelp, as she tried pulling away. But Lord Raiden kept her still as he emptied the liquid into the woman's arm. Her veins glowed violet for a brief second, then faded. It was in her system.

The lady's forehead broke out in a sheen of cold sweat, and she trembled. Lord Raiden assured her it was normal to feel this way after the injection but promised that she would be back to normal within a few hours.