THIRTY-FIVE (part 5/5): ruined

"Don't fight it..." Kiba said, his voice oddly soothing. "Just look me in the eyes and listen to my voice. Obey."

Akira growled and turned her head, but Kiba cupped her chin and forced her gaze upon him. "I said, look at me." His eyes glowed brighter, and his power got stronger through her thoughts.

"Yamiyo Omagatoki is your enemy. Defeat him."

No... he's not... But whatever Kiba was doing, it was quickly changing her mind.

"A-attack... attack Yamiyo..." Akira struggled to speak, shutting one eye.

"Yes. He's tricked you into thinking he's your friend. But really, he's using you."

No. This was... this is all wrong. Akira growled. "No, no, no. Yamiyo isn't like that all. Stop messing with my head."

"You're clinging to a lie... destroy Yamiyo. He's your real enemy."

Akira kept her gaze on Kiba as his power got stronger within her. Ka­miaka's confusion spell was messing with her judgment, and she knew it. That's why Kiba's power was so strong against her will.

She knew it was wrong. Kiba was lying... but she couldn't get free.

In seconds, shadows flooded Akira's vision and Kiba shouted. His glowing eyes faded in the darkness. Akira shook her head and gasped, as Yamiyo grabbed her hand. Akira tried her best to keep up with him until he dragged her out his Shadows. Akira looked around, disoriented.

"Are you okay?" Yamiyo asked.

Akira pressed a hand on her head and shook. "I-I don't know what I'm doing."

"Kiba tried hypnotizing you and Kamiaka put a confusion spell on you." Yamiyo explained. "It's only normal you feel this way — but I need you right now."

Akira nodded and slipped into a fighting stance, smiling. As Yamiyo's Shadows faded, Kiba and Kamiaka glared in their direction.

"You're harder to crack than I thought." Kiba seethed. "Not that it matters. We'll find other ways to destroy you."

"So Lord Raiden doesn't want me to work with him anymore? He wants me dead?" Akira said with a laugh. "Wow, he changes his mind fast."

Kazami ran at Akira, strain in her eyes. "Okay, I think I immobi­lized them for now. But with their new powers— I'm not sure how long they'll be down."

Kiba howled and jumped into the air, crashing onto the ground. The ground cracked and shook, dividing the three Guardians apart. Akira stumbled back and fell on her behind as Yamiyo fell forward. Akira look around for Kazami who was on her laying side. Kiba prowled closer to her.

Akira tried getting up but couldn't move. "Kazami. Don't listen to him." Akira yelled. "He's—"

Kiba was now hulking over Kazami and a green light flashed from his eyes, locking in on Kazami's gaze as she looked up at him.

"That's it, Air Guardian... eyes on mine." Kiba said as he trans­formed back into his hybrid form. His eyes still glowing. "Your thoughts are nothing but a breeze now... calm and quiet. Let me in..."

Kazami strained and tried looking away. Kiba lifted her chin with a finger. "Strike Akira and Yamiyo. Show no mercy."

Kazami gasped and grunted as her bright blue eyes glowed green. Her face twisted with anger and confusion. Akira growled, struggling to her knees.

"Kazami." Yamiyo yelled as he pushed himself up.

"Kiba's messing with you." Akira said. "You're on our side."