NINETEEN

After breakfast...

MASTER YUUTO STILL HADN'T RETURNED home. So, Akira and the others began their training for the day. The sun shimmered in the white sky, though the air was cold along with the slight breeze.

During the running portion, Akira ran a bit faster than yesterday, but still fell behind Umiji. Yamiyo had caught up to her today which was im­provement on his part. Even with a sprained ankle, he managed to past Akira. Yamiyo gave Akira a slight smile and a nod as he ran past her.

Something was on his mind – she could see it in his eyes. He was hiding it from her. His smile faded to a frown when he looked forward again, continuing at his current pace.

Akira wanted to let that go but couldn't. This was her friend. If some­thing was bothering him, she needed to know so she could make him feel better.

Akira ran the obstacle course with ease today – despite a few minor slip ups from almost falling from the climbing frames to tripping over hur­dles. Outside of that, the rest of the obstacles were fine.

Akira and Yamiyo sparred together again at the punching bags. Akira took it easy with the punches today do she wouldn't hurt her wrist again. Yamiyo just stared off into space and didn't engage in the punching bag once. He didn't even acknowledge Akira. What was he thinking about?

Akira stepped away from the punching bags and moved to weapon training a few minutes before the others. Her heart sank for leaving Yamiyo there alone... even after she told him what she was doing.

She gripped onto her butterfly swords and swung her arms one by one at the dummy ahead of her. The blades glistening in the rays of sunlight. She raised her swords, lunged, spun around, and slashed, then repeated this movement. This was one of her dad's many moves and how he defeated so bad people.

If she moved and fought like Huang Hiromitsu, then she would be respected like him. If she followed his moves, she would be cele­brated like him. She had to follow in his footsteps and prove she was better than him... that she was just as strong as him.

She moved faster with her weapons than she did yesterday, but like Kazami said, she needed to work on her "tacky form" maybe that's why she was still moving slowly? Well, Kazami didn't have to be mean about it. If she wasn't so rude to Akira, maybe she would do better.

Akira sheathed her butterfly swords and proceeded to the next and last part of training. Using her powers. (Which she could hardly feel within herself). She watched everyone channel their elements again with ease, like second nature, as it should come for her, but it didn't.

Netsuto pushed his arms back then threw them forward, a flash of fire erupting from the gesture. Kazami's hair blew behind her as strong winds surrounded her. She spun around and directed the wind toward a target.

Water swished and swirled around Umiji. He held his hands out and pushed up, as if lifting a weight. With a faint grunt, he manipulated the stream into a whirlpool like torpedo,  and launched it, the cold air freezing it mid air before impaling the target. 

The ground shook as Harumi lifted a smooth large, bolder from underground, squeezed her fists tight, braking the large rock into smaller ones, and flung it at the targets, knocking down five of them.

Yamiyo stood still for a moment, trembling a little bit. He looked at his hands and the vision of everyone crumbling to dust flashed in front of him. His heart raced against his chest, as he tried pulling himself together at the same time. 

Akira kept her gaze on him, making she he didn't hurt himself. He's hesitating again... but why? He didn't seem to have a problem using his power fighting Four Claw or when he protected me from Raiden. He does fine with the other training... but... it's every time he's asked to use his powers...